Printer Blank Page Issue

Hello all, I have a HP DeskJet 3700 Printer which I have set up to print wirelessly. Today I tried to print a black and white image using said printer, but the paper that I inserted into the printer would simply pass through it and come out blank. Normally, I would reinstall the drivers, but that has not helped.

The printer itself is definitely connected, as it comes up as 'Ready' on my PC and it also has a black ink cartridge inside of it, which the printer says is full.

Any help?

Try printing a windows printer test page. Make sure the printer actually prints.

I tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor (or whatever the software is called) and it detected no issues except it would just give out a blank page when I tried to print a test page.

Ah, yeah. That's a trick a lot of the printer manufacturers use. Even though you are printing black and white, it STILL will use some of the color inks. They *say* it's to make sure the plumbing doesn't dry up, or some such, but, what it's really about is making you buy more ink cartridges. :)

Ah, yeah. That's a trick a lot of the printer manufacturers use. Even though you are printing black and white, it STILL will use some of the color inks. They *say* it's to make sure the plumbing doesn't dry up, or some such, but, what it's really about is making you buy more ink cartridges. :smile:

Well when you look at the price of the cartridge vs the original price of the printer (that may have come with partially filled cartridges ... especially in the case of colour lasar printers) I have to ask, are they in the business pf making printers, or is their business model that they are in the business of making printing cartridges and the manufacture and sale of the actual printers is just to create the need for the cartridges.

Ah, yeah. That's a trick a lot of the printer manufacturers use. Even though you are printing black and white, it STILL will use some of the color inks. They *say* it's to make sure the plumbing doesn't dry up, or some such, but, what it's really about is making you buy more ink cartridges. :smile:

Well when you look at the price of the cartridge vs the original price of the printer (that may have come with partially filled cartridges ... especially in the case of colour lasar printers) I have to ask, are they in the business pf making printers, or is their business model that they are in the business of making printing cartridges and the manufacture and sale of the actual printers is just to create the need for the cartridges.

Yes. :)

It is known that the major profit comes from the sale of printer cartridges, not printers.

You can often buy a new printer for less money than what you would pay to replace all your ink cartridges in your existing printer.

I just can't do that when I have a perfectly good printer that just needs ink. Also, it's a real pita to dispose of any electronic devices where I live.

Edited by M48A5

You can often buy a new printer for less money than what you would pay to replace all your ink cartridges in your existing printer.

The gatcha on that end is that the cartridges they give you with a new printer are often much smaller or contain far less ink than buying the ink.

Oh, and many models also dump a portion of their ink into what is essentially a giant sponge of 'waste' ink every time the printer warms up. In some models, this is every time you turn it on. And printing very light colored dots on every page to use up just that one color so you have to buy the full set sooner.

• 3 months later...

so did u find the solution? can u give some tips or suggestions? When I run into some problems with my printer, I tried to find a solution on YouTube, but there was nothing similar. I used ink cartridges, but then they started producing low-quality ink, and I had to change it. Luckily I found out this website mrdepot.ca where I could order several types of quality ink from trusted brands. To be honest, the quality was just amazing, and it's compatible with almost any printer! Check out this site, if u still have trouble with your printer!

Edited by greezly2308