Install multiple configurations/settings for one mod

Mantum
Go to solution Solved by Mantum,

Is there a way to install one mod with different configurations from the first time installer (I think it's called the FOMOD script or something) and enable the config that I want for different profiles of Skyrim?

I'll CBBE as an example:

Say I want the nevernude option and also the nude option, instead of reinstalling it everytime I switch to a different profiles. I'll switch to a profile that has one of them enabled and the other disabled. So basically there are two options of CBBE in the mod section of Vortex, one that had nevernude set in the config/installer and one that had nude set in the config/installer.

I hope the example made it clearer as to what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Mantum

Set up two different profiles in Vortex

In one profile install the Never nude option.

Switch to the other profile and install the Nude option.

ok so i created a new profile, however all the mods from the other profile appear in this one as well, except they are all disabled. If i were to reinstall them would it not reinstall for both profiles? Because it seems the mods installed are linked between the two profiles, they just can have different mods enabled.

ok so i created a new profile, however all the mods from the other profile appear in this one as well, except they are all disabled. If i were to reinstall them would it not reinstall for both profiles? Because it seems the mods installed are linked between the two profiles, they just can have different mods enabled.

No, that's the whole point of having profiles, is to have them set up for different mods.

I have one Skyrim profile set up with No mods, I have another set up with Ordinator, and another profile set up without Ordinator

Did you CLONE your profile, and create a completely new one.

The mods that you have downloaded are going to be showing up in the mod manager, but they won't e installed on the new profile unless you install them, or unless you CLONED your profile

No, that's the whole point of having profiles, is to have them set up for different mods.

I have one Skyrim profile set up with No mods, I have another set up with Ordinator, and another profile set up without Ordinator

The mods that you have downloaded are going to be showing up in the mod manager, but they won't e installed on the new profile unless you install them, or unless you CLONED your profile

ok i think i get it now. So the mods will appear on all profiles but if i want a different config of it on the new profile I just have to install it with the different settings selected?

It didn't work.

I selected 'Add Skyrim Special Edition Profile' not clone, and it says on the mods section for all the mods 'Disabled' on the left side and 'Remove' on the right side, not 'Install.' If i click the arrow next to 'Disabled' it gives the options 'Enabled' 'Disabled' and 'Uninstalled' which would mean that they are all installed already on the new profile, and If i select 'Uninstalled' it uninstalls for all profiles. and then if i 'Install' it again it installs for all profiles. It seems that the different profiles only serves as a way to have different mods enabled for each profile, not installing different configurations of one mod. Is my vortex just not working properly or am i doing something wrong?

• Solution

ok i think i get it now. So the mods will appear on all profiles but if i want a different config of it on the new profile I just have to install it with the different settings selected?

It didn't work.

I selected 'Add Skyrim Special Edition Profile' not clone, and it says on the mods section for all the mods 'Disabled' on the left side and 'Remove' on the right side, not 'Install.' If i click the arrow next to 'Disabled' it gives the options 'Enabled' 'Disabled' and 'Uninstalled' which would mean that they are all installed already on the new profile, and If i select 'Uninstalled' it uninstalls for all profiles. and then if i 'Install' it again it installs for all profiles. It seems that the different profiles only serves as a way to have different mods enabled for each profile, not installing different configurations of one mod. Is my vortex just not working properly or am i doing something wrong?

Dont worry I've figured it out, thanks for your help HadToRegister

Heres the solution:

Install the mod on one of your profiles with the desired configuration in the installer

Go to profiles and create a new profile with it's own save games and settings.

In the mods section, click the arrow next to 'Remove' on the right side and hit reinstall

A window will popup asking if you would like to replace the install you already have or add a variant

Select add a variant and name it

Now select the different settings in the configuration installer

In the mods section under the version column you now have multiple versions of the mod with different configurations

You can set one profile to use one of the versions and another profile to use the other version, OR, when you play the game you can change the version from the dropdown menu on the same profile. In my case im using different profiles as I will have multiple versions of many mods for different experiences in the game.

Hope that helped!

I spent hours trying to figure this out when it was so simple :P