3 replies to this topic

overdev

overdev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Hey :)

I created a blanket for a creature (cow-like). Now it should move with the animations of the creature.

It should move like an armor.

I tested some things like copy over bone weights in outfit studio from other parts of the create but that only deformed the blanket.

If I create empty NiSkinInstance (or a BSDismemberSkinInstance doesn't really matter), NiSkinData and NiSkinPartition but then the blanket disappears.

Can someone help me with that?

maxarturo

maxarturo

What does this even mean?

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
I have never used outfit studio nor do i know what it is or how it works, i only use 3d max.
What i can tell you though is that you can not create an empty NiSkinInstance or a BSDismemberSkinInstance, those are actually the ones that holdes the meshes info of where and how to move according always to the skeleton they sit on.

overdev

overdev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

so how do you do that in 3ds max?
cause I still need to "link" it to the normal animations somehow even if I rig it in 3ds max.

maxarturo

maxarturo

What does this even mean?

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
I don't mean to sound like an A**, but you do realize that this is kind of hard to explain and write in a post.

Your best bet is to find a video tutorial, it will be way more helpful than to confusing you even further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d, nifskope, outfit studio, bone, nif

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.172 seconds