Lagging/Freezing on campaign map

mrsathletic

I am.

In my case i get lag/stutter, just in general travelling the map, random long times between loading of character models in inventory screen ( or any screen with a character model in it), to and from conversations, in party menu, and loot menus, and random 20-30 second freezes during battle. Hell even the savegame to load and wait for confirm of new modules takes what feels like an eternity.

This has only started in last 2 days, prior to this i ran 2k with full graphics options and army limit of 1000 without FPS loss, but now it stutters and lags within minutes rather than hours like with vanilla, and gradually gets worse. Am working on theory that the increased number of unit types may be a factor, as it may be combination of memory leak and the number of extra units rosters i had downloaded, specifically 'Empires Royal guards', 'Noble Troops' and 'Basilisk guild', am going to remove Basilisk guild and Royal guard (personal taste, the mods are fine, worked and were fun) and see if things improve.

Ok, so near as i can tell its a memory leak. From looking around there are plenty of... i won't call them fixes, as it implies the issue disappears, rather there are various ways to improve the performance, and allow longer duration before memory leak gets crippling.

The more battles, the bigger the battle, the more times you go into various loadscreens or menus = Faster performance deterioration.

Combine that with mods, any mods, and it simply accelerates the process.

In other words, make sure sure that you only download the mods you really want/need to play the game.

Its the game that has the memory leak, mods are just going to make it happen faster than it would in the default game.

How to figure out which mod is to 'blame'? no idea, but its not the mods fault regardless. The Elder scrolls/Fallout games have had a infamous memory leak ever since morrowind, they were still modded significantly, but mileage will vary. Hopefully Taleworlds will optimise M&B 2, but more than likely memory leak will stay.

Whats going to make the memory leak worse is going to be anything that adds large amount of assets/textures/sounds or requires the game to use the ones it already has more often.

My suggestion is to only use what mods you need, tweak your performance settings ( do a google search for stuttering, freezing in mount and blade 2), make sure graphics drivers are up to date and wait for Taleworlds to optimise the game more.