My Companion Mod Review Discussion 03-04/2020

kanami24

[EDITED: I have added spoilers tags to this post where there are large paragraphs to read. Thank you stormwolf01 and taryl80]

So, if any of you might know, I've been trying out and rating companion mods this past month. I've tried as many as I could that I found interesting and ones I might actually keep as stable mods. With all of them being what they are, I thought it would be interesting to put out a discussion about them. That and I was pushed to from discord.

Please be aware this MIGHT contain spoilers -- no, nevermind -- this WILL contain spoilers. I'm gonna let my fingers fly now.

Heather by llamaRCA -

I'm deffinetely going to start off with this one here. This was my first companion mod and what got me into companion mods. Heather is ABSOLUTELY a great companion whether or not if you use multi follower mods like AFT (which is way more than a simple multi follower mod, let's be honest.). She's lore friendly. She's good at fighting. She doesn't take up a companion slot. She's INSANELY useful for almost everything. And of course, she is romanceable BUT! even that is immersive. TRULY IN THE PUREST FORM -- IMMERSIVE!! Now, the only thing with heather is that, while it particularly doesn't matter, i feel like she is best suited for a BOS playthrough. This is a personal opinion -- i say this only because of her past. I would feel bad for destroying the BOS with her beside me. Like, deep in ma feelins kinda bad..... but it ain't gonna stop me from killing that bald fker thats with danse at the police station....

1.)my only real issue is that she requests large sums of some things that are kinda hard to come by. But its deffinetely not a complaint at all.

9.59293010110011001100 11/10

Nat companion by JonnyDotNet - I kinda did like this one -- well still do. This one here is another one of those staple mods for me for one reason and one reason only.

Kratos and Atreus.

Seriously though, if you like piper then this may be interesting to have. I personally feel like I'm playing god of war when i give nat an explosive hunting rifle or a plasma infused automatic. Its a very interesting concept -- it truly is. Now, with that being said -- she has a vanilla follower AI. So its like Kratos and Atreus.... and Piper... bootleg edition.

8/10

The Machine and Her by NikaCola - Kratos and Atreus Golden Edition Prime release. All I can say is -- try this one out. There's no ands,ors, or buts about it. I literally don't wanna say too much about this because this is one of those mods that deserve to not be spoiled too too much even when attempting to rate it. Just -- Kratos and Atreus, Golden Edition Prime release -- supa prime release.

9/10

Darlene by GePalladium -

I'm not gonna lie. The voice is succulent. Like, please, Cortana wake me up every morning kinda high quality. Oh, you thought I was going to say something sexual? Oh no no, the voice is just in really really good quality and I absolutely love the ascent. Its beyond beautiful.

Ok all jokes aside -- it is really THAT good.

This companion... is single handedly one of the BEST companions I've tried. She's not stupid, her background is both logical and immersive and lore friendlyyyyy although theres sooooome quuuessstiiiiooooons, she's good at combat, she doubles as a medic -- literally its just about as good as the Heather companion, except Darlene rides or dies with you no matter which faction you side with -- I mean heather does too, but again... ya know. Anyways, Darlene is bae. I once lost my shyt when a Mole rate tried to attack her...... and I'll kill them all again to keep my Darlene safe...

-casually growls at dogmeat-

you dirty little mole bi-- MOVING ON

1.) Ok, so as much as I love Darlene. My absolute biggest complaint -- and my only... literally -- is that it takes fkin forever to progress through her affinity system even WITH the shorter time plugin for her. 15 days, then what 7 days? then another 15. And without the plugin? Its like... 30 days for the first affinity step. Before the first 15 days was over I literally completed the main storyline. I kid you not. Before the 7 days was over with I completed the far harbor DLC and all of the side quests that I could get. With that being said, you have an idea about the Nuka world DLC -- In short I finished the main storyline and the other 2 DLC's before getting to her 2nd affinity stage and there's like 5 or something, idk. When I decided to just go around and purty up settlements and change some things I always said I was going to do for my transfer settlement blueprints -- I ended up dropping a sleeping bag down and sleeping for 24 hours in game for about an hour straight in real life. Over and over and over.... I do plan on keeping Darlene not just because I actually like this one as much as I like heather -- but I wanna see if I can use M.C.G to force her affinity stages and see what happens. Typically I avoid this or rather -- I usually forget about this feature in M.C.G. But it comes in handy every now and then when I have a m.c.g romanced settler whom I never knew existed to begin with -- I can set them back to being unromanced, Which has happened to me... twice now.

2.) I do gotta say, If you use the loving cait mod by Koozebane -- Darlene at first looks like she could cait's older sister. And I absolute love that for no reason. I don't know why -- but I do. Seriously, I actually like the way Darlene looks.

it's over 9,000/10

Now this next one I personally didn't use BUT I did enough research on it and what not to atleast put it in this topic as this is a discussion on companions.

Nora Spouse Companion by HouseVariable - Now, I can't recommend this one because like I said I hadn't tried it. But I have been VERY interested in it and wondering how it will change the game in terms of what is said and etc. etc. If anyone has tried this mod, please share your thoughts below.

Now, for this last companion -- I am going to go VERY in debt about it. If any of you know what this is all about, you've probably been waiting for me to talk about this companion mod right hawr. I'll try me absolute best to chop it up and shorten it all.

Companion Ivy by someone I don't want to mention because he will literally get harrassed by a horde -

Do bear in mind there are bugs that can occur when using AFT alongside this companion mod.... or well, SUPPOSEDLY. I did a playthrough with AFT (cuz its a stable mod for me.) and without any AFT files (in otherwords I didn't just disable the mod I deleted it entirely) present. For me, personally, my experience did not change. Now, how did I do these playthroughs so fast? It literally takes about a day in real life to do the storyline and that's IF you're like me and you're honestly more focused and making your settlements purty but you also kinda wanna hurry and get the quests done aaand you have a 1080 HD. Typically, I do the main storyline and then the rest of my actual playthrough is me working on settlements and then me destroying the brotherhood, then DLC's or vice versa.

So, for this I'll start off with things that are amazing about Ivy.

1.) The quest you do for Ivy that puts you into a fallout 4's skyrim dungeon. The only downside is that -- there's a lot of tiny objects that are utterly useless after the quest that you gotta pick up in the dungeon... and its stupid dark. The dungeon being stupidly dark isn't a bad thing -- its great, give my flashlight attachments a purpose -- thank you. the tiny objects... ok... cool. LOTS OF TINY OBJECTS, come tf on... alright.

2.) Her hyper combat. She will literally NEVER use this after like the first day or two travelling with her AFTER you finally get this unlocked. But it is very cool -- or well... *was*.

Now, for this next part I will not only be truly honest but I will state things that are.... unsettling. However, I must first mention that Ivy is an ADULT companion. She is not available on the nexus and i'm pretty sure if she was ever put there regina-- PERSON would get banned. She is available on a website that shall not be mentioned as MXR would say. Lastly, each one of these reasons is not to start a band wagon. Remember all of this is my personal opinion -- well some things are factual but you get what I mean. This is also NOT to MAKE or FORCE an opinion on the companion Ivy mod.

1.)

I will start off with this because this is the biggest thing to me and the one and literally ONLY reason I am not going to use Ivy again. I literally waited until I was finish with my last playthrough (just in case getting rid of her might cause literal game breaking bugs in mid playthrough) to get rid of her. So, there's pedophilia in the companion Ivy mod. There are 3 adult mags in her magazine addon that features teenagers and there's text on the magazines saying such. There are also two stories that Ivy will constantly tell of a little girl getting r*ped by an adult male/male raider. After I spoke to the mod author of Ivy, whom btw lashed out, became rude, and had his buddies try to convince me that there isn't a little girl on a p*rn mag getting felt on by two grown men even though I took a snapshot and posted the proof -- I took to discord, showed every snapshot I took of the teenager mags (there's 3) and recorded the stories Ivy tells you and I let discord vote. 5,643 people in TOTAL so far voted "Yes, this is pedophilia" where as -- I kid you not -- 0 people voted "no, this is not pedophilia." . I did not tell them where this came from. I simply showed them what screenshots I had of me and the mod author and his buddies in the conversation (he deleted the conversation so I could not keep records of the entire thing). And explained in great detail what had happened.

Now, one of the stories is assumingly when she was r*ped as a child. The best part is, it is obvious that she enjoys telling that one as she blatantly implies it so. And for the record she does explicitly say "little girl" and "man" in these stories as well as "kid".

Now...the mod author tried to victimize himself stating that he went through a similar thing when he was young. And he decided to block me when I stated that I do not know him in real life, so I simply cannot and will not take his word for truth or lie. Not only that, I cannot imagine... someone who has been through molestation as a child... now a grown adult and a mod author... when he makes a companion who most LITERALLY gets off to her memories of being molestated when she was a child and then state that there is no pedophilia in his mod and then try to victimize himself saying he went through the same thing. Now, I'm not gonna say he's a liar. But like I said before -- I don't know him in real life, so i'm not gonna take his word for it nor say he is lying -- cuz ya never know... lots of crazy lunatics these days...

Now, the last thing I wanna say about this is pretty simple. When I first confronted the mod author he immediately assumed that I was -- what, going to call the cops on him or something. stating "its not illegal -- its not illegal". So, to make this clear -- pedophilia is the psychiatric disorder of an ADULT who wants sexual intercourse of ANY KIND with someone is NOT AN ADULT. Now, in terms of it being illegal or legal -- idk man, I grew up in south. Yeah its illegal as shyt where i'm at-- but we'll gut ya before the judge does. We raise kids here, not fk em… that's what the milfs are for :0

So, that's all I'm going to say about that.

2.) Ivy never shuts up even after tinkering with her settings so she talks less. This obviously refers back to number 1. She just never shuts up. Granted some things she say is actually kinda hilarious. Me, personally when she goes flame-on on danse -- absolutely fkin incredible. I don't think any companion made me laugh that much besides Darlene when you shoot a ragstag near her. So, there's a positive and a negative to this one. Sometimes she MAY say something kinda funny. But most of the time I just want to put a bullet between Ivy's eyes due to her MOSTLY talking about sexual activity as we are casually having mini - nukes fly past our heads with a couple .38 rounds!

3.) I've already stated this, but she never uses Hyper combat. I've stated the thing I hate about it -- which is her never using it. But I don't think I said that is was kinda fkin awesome. It is. It's pretty cool, although the only motive to keep her installed.....and she never uses it.

4.) Her AI. Now, due to the nature of this point. This automatically goes back to not using AFT with Ivy. AFT is, I believe, not open source so the mod author physically cannot intergrate Ivy into it or provide a compatibility patch for it. So, if you're experiencing bugs and you got AFT enabled... well... yeah. Now...the funny part is.... Her AI is genially.... terrible. And I know its a mod, I shouldn't be judging it this harshly especially on a topic of companion AI but.... With and without AFT Ivy tends to do.... very dumb things that you will immediately notice and it will immediately piss you off IF YOU ARE DOING A STEALTH BUILD on your sole survivor. Me, I naturally play stealthy. Stealth to me is like... my bread and butter -- you won't find no better ninja here. But me with Ivy.... Well, if you're the enemy -- she will go out of her way to make you notice her. In which case, you will find me too. I've had so many more issues with Ivy and playing stealthy, I don't even know where to properly begin. Outside of playing stealthily and just running and gunning - Ivy's AI is perfectly amazing. But woo boy. Just makes me wanna choke a bish.

5.) The mod author of Ivy, stated that Ivy is much more than another s*xbot companion. But I kid you not, that is literally the only way to explain what she is in one phrase or word. S*x is all that she talks about LITERALLY. And I'll get more into that in a bit as to why this is a downside. Even after you've romanced her, she continues to prostitute -- and yes she literally does that which -- that shouldn't even be a feature if she's a companion let alone one that you've romanced. Prior to meeting you, cool it adds to her background. But is it morally right to sell your body if you're in a relationship with someone? What's the excuse? tough times? She's lacking morale.

6.) Ivy is not in the slightest bit lore friendly. Raiders harrassing her family in a story about her past and her becoming a raider boss -- that's about it. But the way Ivy is created.... and just her almost entirely is completely lacking logic and lore. I shyt you not, it is one of those half a$$ed stories where the author makes the institute into some hoodini magician. There's no logic in her story and even after just letting it fly and just going with it, there's a lot left out. And I know this may sound bias -- it is -- and also harsh -- it is. Remember what I said, this is completely personal here and this is just a discussion.

7.) Now.... Ivy is suppose to be a fked up raider...who is "spliced" with a s*xbot. Now, outside of how Ivy was made into what she is -- her back story on her raider life and how she became a raider -- fantastic. good. now that I think about it. But as I said prior -- becoming part "synth" -- first off, how does it change from her being part s*xbot to part synth to part courser. I know coursers ARE synths but when you say synth you're thinking "chrome domes". But when you say courser you're thinking "let me get my stimpaks brb time out". And when you're thinking s*xbot ,me personally, "morning pelvis pain". Now, with all of this being said -- She doesn't seem to be part raider AT ALL. There's part of her back story... and that's it. Other than that, like I said before -- a little bit too much focus on one thing. And with this being said I should mention that this IS an adult mod. Obviously I have no gripe about using adult mods.

8.) In terms of being lore friendly, my biggest thing is -- why does she talk about the avengers? I mean she says MANY things that are not lore friendly or immersive. But this is the biggest one. Don't get me wrong I like the avengers. Some good movies. But....is it really lore friendly? No. Atleast not without some institute bs magic tricks. What can you say? The institute built some universe travelling divice allowing one to visit different realities? Knowing full well even the institute can't do that in the current time line that the sole survivor is in considering the fact that they are literally in need of resources such as "electricity", hence forth father's literal last gift to the institute.

TL;DR

Every point to Ivy is basically a double edged sword. There's SOME good things but there's ALOT of questionable things as well or bad things.

???/10

Now, I'm gonna get off of that topic because... there's just a lot that I personally don't sit well with. I'm completely down with modding a game the way you want, hence the reason why I stated in the beginning none of this is to start a band wagon or anything. All of this is completely personal and just to start discussions. So, with that said I want to state two mods that I absolutely love using with companions.

AFT (Amazing follower tweaks) by Dheuster -

Now this mod here.... Is MUCH MUCH more than a multi follower mod. Heck, I very seldom use it to have more than one follower. This mod is just absolutely amazing. You can use it to tweak your companion -- let's say, make your companion have practically infinite carry weight -- boom, done -- infinite ammo? done. etc. etc. Make your companion get your last used power armor? you can do that too -- this mod is just... absolutely amazing and its a stable mod for me. Love it.

10/10

M.C.G by anghelos92 -

Now this one here is one of those adult mods -- but it's so much more than that. Like, way more. Raiders attacking sanctuary and you want to put that sanctuary jail to use? M.C.G. want a deathclaw as a companion? Hell, how about a Deathclaw Matriarch? You can do that do! Want to be a female badass ghoul and walk around with your own personal army of ghouls!! YOU CAN DO THAT TOO! want to smoke a ciggy with a settler?! YOU CAN DO THAT TOO!! WANNA HAVE A DRINK WITH PIPER?!?!!? YOU CAN DO THAT TOO?!!? WANNA PLAY A SIMPLE GAMBLING GAME WITH ONE OF YOUR GAURDS AT TENPINES BLUFF?!!?1 YOU CAN DO THAT TOOOOOOOOO -- you get the point. its just a magnificent mod, much work has been put into it. 0 flaws that I've experienced and I've had it installed since maybe like day 5 of my fallout 4 experience. so..... I think roughly over a year now lmfao. I would highly recommend it, even if you don't use adult mods -- this may be one to consider. Now, note that this isn't available on the nexus as far as I'm aware. You must go to the website that shall not be named. for this one.

10/10

And I do want to leave an honorable mention. This mod isn't bad, and its available on the nexus. Its a simple mod that seems to effect all vanilla companions (though I've only tested this extensively with piper and curie).

Combat Style Cait by Isclon - To sum this up. It makes cait's combat AI literally the most ideal combat AI you could ever hope for. She adapts -- TRULY -- adapts to her situations. Like... literally. Giv'er a sniper, an AR, a pistol, a shotty hotty, and a knife. She will use em all before the skirmish is over with. This is one of those small hidden treasures on the nexus. One that I would recommend if you like to hang with cait.

10/10

So, with all this being typed up -- I'm wondering if there are any other supposed triple AAA companion mods that I missed. If so -- please, tell me about em so I can try em out for myself and test em out.

Oh and if you hadn't noticed, most of these are HIGHLY recommended companions hence the reason I've went back and endorsed some of them. Left posts and etc.

Edited by kanami24

I have not read everything yet, but as first: I think you should do something, so that the people can read everything better.

Highlight the companion names as best with bold and underscore letters at the beginning. Also because of the length of your posting you should maybe thinking of putting some parts into a spoiler box. If someone is interested he can still open the box and for everyone else is the text better to read.

Apart from that, I really like this idea. I doing since 2 days my first F4 playthrough just for fun (without testing in mind for a mod) and it is a pain in the a** to find good companions here on the Nexus. First because they have no own category and second because so many seem to be sadly abondend.

Edit: Now I have read everything. You really should consider to put big texts about 1 topic like about Ivy into a spoiler box. Sry for being that guy, but I assume that many people should read it, right? And btw. I only know Ivy from a technical point of view (I had on one time look into the ck how the mod author has made her), but at least about that teenage thing: Labeling something as "teenage" is pretty common in the porn industrie, far as I know. But that only means that 18-30 females try to look "girlish" into a movie or what ever. So it doesn't mean that they are really teenagers, after my *rhm* research... for sience!

About the rest I can nothing say, because I don't know her ingame.

Edited by taryl80

I have not read everything yet, but as first: I think you should do something, so that the people can read everything better.

Highlight the companion names as best with bold and underscore letters at the beginning. Also because of the length of your posting you should maybe thinking of putting some parts into a spoiler box. If someone is interested he can still open the box and for everyone else is the text better to read.

The entire discussion is labelled as a spoiler -- so... there's that. But yes!! I will go ahead and do something for companion names to make it easier, thank you

Edit: Now I have read everything. You really should consider to put big texts about 1 topic like about Ivy into a spoiler box.

I also have no clue how to input a spoiler box. I just type, press enter, and then go back to playing a game or watching a youtube video LOL

Edit: Now I have read everything. You really should consider to put big texts about 1 topic like about Ivy into a spoiler box.

I also have no clue how to input a spoiler box. I just type, press enter, and then go back to playing a game or watching a youtube video LOL

With "[ spoiler]" before and behind a text. The last one needs also a "/" before spolier and of course without the spacebar.

Another top ten companion:

Buttons

Very well voiced, very funny and fits into the lore perfectly, especially if you're playing with the minutemen

Ellen

Fits perfectly into the world, great comment, good backstory

With "[ spoiler]" before and behind a text. The last one needs also a "/" before spolier and of course without the spacebar.

Thank you for the info. I mean, the entire discussion has had a spoiler tag on it from the get go so -- if you come here expecting to not see spoilers.... well that's on you. I even put a warning in the beginning of the original version of the topic.

Edited by kanami24

Another top ten companion:

Buttons

Very well voiced, very funny and fits into the lore perfectly, especially if you're playing with the minutemen

Ellen

Fits perfectly into the world, great comment, good backstory

I keep seeing that, i'll deff try buttons on for my next playthrough. Had never heard of Ellen also

Heyas kanami. It's good to see that you're getting to be playing and testing for a while, rather than just FIXING. :)

Thanks for the rundown on the companion mods that you've been playing with also! That's some work putting reviews like this together.

What they are referring to as the spoiler tags, is this.

1GYf8Aed_t.jpg

They can't type the actual tags into a post, because the post will then put them into effect. But it makes the post do something like....

this

so that different paragraphs can be broken up, and then hidden and opened at will by the reader. Especially helpful for pages that require scrolling. Make it easier to keep our place of where we were reading in the text.

I've been thinking about trying Buttons too. I've seen and heard a lot of good things about that one.

Zoey Companion https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37515

This one I've been playing with. It's fairly basic. No romance, no worrying about what they like, and what they don't. Just another gun that likes to talk. And..trashtalk. She's a fun companion, that is fairly attractive (tho I personally went in and fixed her nose...) that will help out in a fight, or complain about having to carry your stuff.

Downside... my personal gripe, is that they placed her right there with the Concord Settlers, which I can't stand them. So I have to put up with them, when I go to pick her up. But, I can still leave the rest of them stranded there in the Museum.

Captainoob's Companions https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/40960105?tab=user+files

These are really basic companions. Even by the MA's own words, they are meant as "extra guns to have along with you to kill people. "

They work pretty well, and you can see clear improvements from older to newer, so he's been improving them as he gets better at it.

The AI could work a little bit better, but that's why we have AFT.

Nora Spouse https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24680

Hrm. I'm really actually pretty hesitant to review this one here. There was clearly a lot of work that went into it. The modder did a fantastic job of putting this mod together. It's well thought out, and very immersive. I love the fact that unlike other Nora mods, you can get her at the beginning of the game, not the ending of the game.

That said. Hrm. This part, I'll be blunt. I kicked her to the curb after the first date. Don't call me, I won't call you.

The mod is FANTASTIC if you are playing, to roleplay. They spent a lot of time, putting together pieces to give her a very detailed and immersive personality.

That said. She does not suit my playstyle. I play to shoot stuff. I play to kill things. I play to try out mods and to make mods. She does not fill that role in my own, my personal way of gaming. I just don't like high maintenance in game characters. One of the main reasons why I prefer Captainoob and Zoey.

AFT. Amazing Follower Tweaks https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976

This mod has been a staple in my load order for nearly a year now. It is to companions what Crafting Framework is to guns and gear. So many things that you can fix, or tailor to your own playstyle. Everything from including more than one companion at once, setting up custom places for the to call home, altering their likes and dislikes, how far they stick to you, or roam away from you, to how much they can carry, whether their power armor breaks or not, giving them unlimited ammo function, wether they break their legs when they fall, this mod pretty much does everything.

No negative affinity and no cooldown https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3276

Strong hated that. But no f**ks were given!" IF you can get it to work this should be a staple mod for anybody who runs multiple vanilla companions or followers. You literally cannot get though an extensive dialog and please everybody. One conversation can increase and decrease multiple companions. The answer is simple. Use this mod, and don't give a F**K what they they think.

Heyas kanami. It's good to see that you're getting to be playing and testing for a while, rather than just FIXING. :smile:

Thanks for the rundown on the companion mods that you've been playing with also! That's some work putting reviews like this together.

What they are referring to as the spoiler tags, is this.

1GYf8Aed_t.jpg

They can't type the actual tags into a post, because the post will then put them into effect. But it makes the post do something like....

this

so that different paragraphs can be broken up, and then hidden and opened at will by the reader. Especially helpful for pages that require scrolling. Make it easier to keep our place of where we were reading in the text.

I've been thinking about trying Buttons too. I've seen and heard a lot of good things about that one.

Zoey Companion https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37515

This one I've been playing with. It's fairly basic. No romance, no worrying about what they like, and what they don't. Just another gun that likes to talk. And..trashtalk. She's a fun companion, that is fairly attractive (tho I personally went in and fixed her nose...) that will help out in a fight, or complain about having to carry your stuff.

Downside... my personal gripe, is that they placed her right there with the Concord Settlers, which I can't stand them. So I have to put up with them, when I go to pick her up. But, I can still leave the rest of them stranded there in the Museum.

Captainoob's Companions https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/40960105?tab=user+files

These are really basic companions. Even by the MA's own words, they are meant as "extra guns to have along with you to kill people. "

They work pretty well, and you can see clear improvements from older to newer, so he's been improving them as he gets better at it.

The AI could work a little bit better, but that's why we have AFT.

Nora Spouse https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24680

Hrm. I'm really actually pretty hesitant to review this one here. There was clearly a lot of work that went into it. The modder did a fantastic job of putting this mod together. It's well thought out, and very immersive. I love the fact that unlike other Nora mods, you can get her at the beginning of the game, not the ending of the game.

That said. Hrm. This part, I'll be blunt. I kicked her to the curb after the first date. Don't call me, I won't call you.

The mod is FANTASTIC if you are playing, to roleplay. They spent a lot of time, putting together pieces to give her a very detailed and immersive personality.

That said. She does not suit my playstyle. I play to shoot stuff. I play to kill things. I play to try out mods and to make mods. She does not fill that role in my own, my personal way of gaming. I just don't like high maintenance in game characters. One of the main reasons why I prefer Captainoob and Zoey.

AFT. Amazing Follower Tweaks https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976

This mod has been a staple in my load order for nearly a year now. It is to companions what Crafting Framework is to guns and gear. So many things that you can fix, or tailor to your own playstyle. Everything from including more than one companion at once, setting up custom places for the to call home, altering their likes and dislikes, how far they stick to you, or roam away from you, to how much they can carry, whether their power armor breaks or not, giving them unlimited ammo function, wether they break their legs when they fall, this mod pretty much does everything.

No negative affinity and no cooldown https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3276

Strong hated that. But no f**ks were given!" IF you can get it to work this should be a staple mod for anybody who runs multiple vanilla companions or followers. You literally cannot get though an extensive dialog and please everybody. One conversation can increase and decrease multiple companions. The answer is simple. Use this mod, and don't give a F**K what they they think.

Firstly, thank you for the image there. I never considered that shockingly enough so I've added spoiler tags where I thought they would fit.

Secondly, I think I've seen the captionnoobs companions before I think I'll try it out in a future playthrough. And also I reaaally wanna try out that nora one buuut I normally play nora and while I don't genially care about my char's gender, I just don't want to be walking around with a clone of myself ya know lol.

Annd lastly, I actually use the no negative affinity and cooldown mod -- its a tiny mod that even I forget about at times. For me, personally, I've had no issues with it. Its fantastic. Currently I'm trying to think of alternatives and i'm sure there's plenty. I think you can force a companions affinity with AFT (I'm not entirely sure due to me mostly using AFT to get companions to change their home, pick up all loot/junk in the area, or having them fetch my power armor [which essentially teleports your last used power armor to you]). But I am certain you can do that with M.C.G, however -- for one, its an adult mod so if you're ok with adult mods then that's an option. And secondly, if the companion has affinity stage quests it will simply boost it to the affinity amount for the quest, in which case after completing the quest then you'll have to boost the affinity again -- which, for me, that's not an issue for me, in fact it's only logical.

Also, I may just have to try out that Zoey one immediately due to where IT SEEMS you find her. For a bare bone companion, just that actually seems pleasing to me XD plus -- an extra gun. Thank you