Can't progress main quest (Erabenimsun bug?)

KillerK

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first-time poster (I think). Anyway I came back to Morrowind after a long time away and got a bunch of mods that I had a long time ago.

MAIN QUEST SPOILERS:

I'm at the point in the MQ when I'm trying to get the Erabenimsun Tribe to name me Nerevarine. I've spoken with Manirai about having to kill Ulath-Pal and his supporters. I go and kill them but after I kill them every member of the Tribe responds with "You killed one of my people you must pay with your life" and attacks me.

I am 100% sure I did not, ever, kill any Erabenimsun members in the past, and I'm also 100% sure I only killed Ulath-Pal and his gulakhans, no one else. I do not get the "killed a peace-loving Erabenimsun" journal entry, just the war-loving one. It also doesn't matter if I talk to any of them before killing them, whether I let them hit me first or anything, everyone in the camp responds the same way.

I also have LGNPC Tel Uvirith (I'm Archmagister of House Telvanni) and have recently completed all the LGNPC Tel Uvirith quests relating to the Ashlanders.

I'm using the latest versions of each mod I have.

How can I fix this? It's very frustrating and something I've never encountered before. FYI I am using the Steam version of Morrowind, and my load order is as follows in case that helps.

GameFile0=Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
GameFile1=Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
GameFile2=Better Heads.esm
GameFile3=Bloodmoon.esm
GameFile4=Book Rotate.esm
GameFile5=MCA.esm
GameFile6=Morrowind.esm
GameFile7=Tribunal.esm
GameFile8=abotGuars.esp
GameFile9=AtHomeAlchemyRedux.esp
GameFile10=Better Bodies.esp
GameFile11=Better Robes.ESP
GameFile12=Book Rotate - Bloodmoon v5.3.esp
GameFile13=Book Rotate - Tribunal v5.3.esp
GameFile14=Building Up Uvirith's Grave 1.1.esp
GameFile15=Caldera Mages Guild Expanded.ESP
GameFile16=CompanionTeleportation.esp
GameFile17=DB_Attack_Mod.esp
GameFile18=Fair Magicka Regen 2.0b.esp
GameFile19=Graphic Herbalism.esp
GameFile20=Homes To Let.esp
GameFile21=hw_SkillBasedMagicka.ESP
GameFile22=LGNPC_IndarysManor_v1_51.esp
GameFile23=LGNPC_Khuul_v2_21.esp
GameFile24=LGNPC_MaarGan.esp
GameFile25=LGNPC_PaxRedoran_v1_20.esp
GameFile26=LGNPC_Pelagiad.esp
GameFile27=LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp
GameFile28=LGNPC_SeydaNeen.esp
GameFile29=LGNPC_TelMora_v1_30.esp
GameFile30=LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
GameFile31=LGNPC_VivecRedoran.esp
GameFile32=LootableSpellbooks.ESP
GameFile33=Mage Robes.ESP
GameFile34=Magical Missions.ESP
GameFile35=mel_ComesByRoad_1_0.esp
GameFile36=MNC_Ald-ruhn_ v1.1_EV.esp
GameFile37=NighttimeDoorLocks-LD 1.1b.esp
GameFile38=NON3.Belial.v1.0.3_m.esp
GameFile39=NPC_Schedule(beta).esp
GameFile40=RealSignposts.esp
GameFile41=Sadrith Mora Expanded-EpicComp.esp
GameFile42=Tome of Ancient Knowledge.esp
GameFile43=Unique Dagoth Brandy & Amulet.ESP
GameFile44=Vivec_Mages_Guild_Expanded.ESP
GameFile45=Welcome to the Arena! v6.6.esp
GameFile46=XE Sky Variations.esp
GameFile47=bound greaves and pauldrons.ESP
Edited by KillerK

Hey KillerK, welcome back to MW :smile:

i just started back recently too.

So I'm wondering if it's a bug related to LGNPC, since that's a massive dialogue mod. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play through it yet, and was already past that point on the MQ when I got LGNPC, so I can't say for sure. But that would be my guess. Might be worth cracking open the LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp (or other LGNPC eps that are in the tribe's area) in Creation Set and take a look at the MQ journal entries and dialogue for the main npcs in the Erabenimsun Tribe. See if the MQ journal entries/quests have been changed at a point involving the Erabenimsun (maybe look for a * next to anything). At the very least, you can use the quest ids to pass that point and be able to continue the main quest normally. I know that's not as fun :smile:, but if you look at the main npcs' dialogue in CS, for the wise woman, etc., you can probably piece together what's been changed, and come up with a way around it.

If you're not real familiar with the CS, you can PM me if you want, and I'll help you. I did take a look at LGNPC's site, unfortunately it's not very detailed concerning changes to that specific tribe right now as far as I could find on the tribe's progress page http://lgnpc.org/lists/erabenimsun.htm, but they've got a lot of work on their hands. They do have a contact page, if you want to try it http://lgnpc.org/contact

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm sure there's people on here who have more experience with that mod, or might think it's another one on the list causing the trouble. :smile:

Have a good one, and stay well.

Edited by criminalboy

Thanks for the reply! I've never had the courage to tinker much with the CS. For a millennial, I'm pretty non-tech-savvy.

For now I just un-checked LGNPC Tel Uvirith from my modlist, and then tried again, and it worked -- so LGNPC Tel Uvirith WAS the issue, but I wish I knew why, because I swear I've had that mod installed before and it wasn't an issue.

Yeah, it must've been that one then. I don't know, maybe they updated it since last time you used it.

After I install it, I'll see if I come across the bug, and let you know if I can figure out a way around it in the CS. :)

Have a good one.

Yep, it's our (my) fault. The filtering for that greeting was incomplete. It has been corrected, but in the meantime, there is no good way for you to avoid the problem in your game. Either leave LGNPC Tel Uvirith off of your load list (this means losing the dialogue and services of your retainers at Tel Uvirith), avoid speaking with any of the Erabenimsun Ashlanders, or slaughter the latter (which affects the second solution).

Thank you for reporting the issue.