WMX vs WME

Cusconillow

What do you use?  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Weapon Mod Expansion (WME) or Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX)?

• WME all the way!
    • WMX is better!
    • I use a different Weapon Upgrade Mod. (Specify by posting in thread)

I have never used WME, but if I remember correctly it has ceased being supported. Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Furthermore, when I compared the two I found WMX mod choices somewhat more interesting, plus the author is still updating the compatibility patches as needed, mostly for Millenia's weapon retextures. So personally I'd go with WMX.

Truthfully neither is "better" then the other, simply a different option and more options is always a good thing.

I use WMX, I have used Antistar's work for a very long time and know him to be a good dependable modder with high quality work. Also the fact that he made the FO3 mod Weapon Modification Kits that the game makers decided to copy to put into FNV means to me he has the right idea.

I'm with Nivea on this one. Antistar was the inspiration behind the devs giving us built in weapon modification system, even if they did mess it up considerably.

Antistar also did modified melee weapons before the release of GRA, so again he took it one step beyond what the devs did (at least for a bit). I prefer WMX simply because I like his version of the modifications better.

Luthienanarion, I should maybe get permission to release or offer him my combined version of those patches then, huh? Only takes about 15 minutes to merge them in FNVEdit if you know what you're doing. Requires a clean game though since all the IDs get changed.

I've seen him mention it and bring up how changing from several plugins to a merged one would break compatibility patches for some other mods. It's a valid point, but you're not afraid to do that with something as big as PN! :D

I probably should just mash them together for my own use.

Edit: abuse of the English language.

Edited by luthienanarion

• 1 year later...