Game crashes on strart up with more than 16 mods

readysetexplode4

Saw someone mention this on one of the mod pages in a post a few days ago. I'm now experiencing this too, once I pass 16 mods (5 native and 11 I installed) the game crashes on start up. It doesn't seem to matter which ones I have installed, any combination of 16 mods seem to work but as soon as I put in a 17th the game crashes. This is only when its showing more than 16 in the Mods tab on the launcher. For example i have Bannerlord BannerEditor Enhancer, which I believe just edits some files and doesn't show up on the actual Mods tab and it works fine with 16 others.

I asked about this on Reddit too and have responses saying they have 20+ mods enabled so just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there's a possible work around for it.

So.. for whatever reason. I have two mods, BannerLord Tweaks current version and Hideout party limiter. Both of these mods crash my game even thought they are installed correctly. I go the mod above and installed that correctly as well and still I cant move my mods in the mods sort menu and it still crashes my game. Any help?

Damn, was hoping that might fix your issue. In that case I don't know. Have you tried the mod linked in this thread?

Seems a bit strange that some people have caps to number of mods, and that it doesn't appear to be consistent.

I personally am up to 35, not including vanilla modules, not showing off merely that the mod cap is either random, or based on PC...

Am wondering if it is similar to how total war: warhammer 2 appeared to have a limit.

yeah its weird, none of the mods work. Even the simplest ones like removing the intro screen. I only wanted the hideout limiter because I might have to restart a 20 hour game because I get to the point where I'm collecting the banner fragments and I come to a Hideout with 54 bandits in it... 54 vrs the like 10 units you can bring in. It's ridiculous