Steam version not working (vortex)

Kmountain

So I tried installing scripthook and another mod for RDR by using Vortex.

It works, but the rockstar launcher messes everything up. It asks tells me that I din't have the game in my rockstar library (wich is true) I have it on steam.

Is there a way to make it work for the steam version, or at least fool vortex to work?

• 6 months later...

So I tried installing scripthook and another mod for RDR by using Vortex.

It works, but the rockstar launcher messes everything up. It asks tells me that I din't have the game in my rockstar library (wich is true) I have it on steam.

Is there a way to make it work for the steam version, or at least fool vortex to work?

Same problem here. I know RDR2 support is in Beta but I'm sure it's at least capable of launching the Steam version, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Alright so having had the same issue I found a solution. In vortex click "deploy mods" at the top of the page when in the mod's page. Make sure the mods are loaded by going into the install directory (try restarting vortex if they don't deploy). If they are, launch the game through steam (not vortex). The mods will then be loaded and work (at least they did for me, I tested by pressing the F5 key for my particular scripthook trainer). Make sure to "purge" the mods through the mod page if you want to play online.

Edited by Jight