A few Newbie Questions

ShabnamHoward

I have mucked about in FO4Edit for a few days while in lockdown and have some random questions. Haven't cracked many docs on the tools yet, because I am trying to cover ground and get the lay of the land regarding the toolsets people are using, before picking up bad practices or investing huge time reading up on tools I will drop in favor of something better. Anyway, if anyone could give me some tips or comments on a few quick questions, I would appreciate it.

1) I have noticed that sometimes when I put a placed object that it's actual x,y,z is different when I visit the location. While scanning other objects in fo4edit, I recall some flag that suggested to me that havok could be disabled. So I thought perhaps some post instantiation physics manipulation might account for the odd re-positioning phenomenon. So my question is, what is the setting I want to disable this re positioning phenomenon? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and I am hallucinating this re positioning issue? I found the No Havok flag, but it had no effect. Moving the objects about 30 units in a diagonal made them stay put. I am not anywhere close to a cell boundary. I have a workaround, but still, I am baffled.

2) I have noticed an array of byte values for ragdoll information used in posing complex objects like articulated skeletons. I wonder how I generate these arrays. I am wondering if Creation Kit is something I have to manipulate those efficiently. If not- how do people generate these- just pose them by dragging them around in FO4 then somehow dumping the ragdoll data via console?

3) Eli did an interior for her Compendium store, as did Beantown interiors and all the dlc sized quest mods. What is the best practices tool for these. I see all the walls and stuff in FO4Edit Cell.[arbitrary cell].Temporary.placed objects. I presume people use the Creation Kit UI for authoring those, or can you kind of do it in FO4 by setting up a workshop in the cell and then just use normal Fo4 tools to build it, then output the info into a format that Fo4edit can eat? That would be my prefered mode, since the CK interface is way overkill for roughing out a decent looking interior with robust clutter and what not. What youtube or document offers advice on the most generally agreed on set of best practices? I think I am moving towards taking over a building downtown- not in worldspace, but as a separate cell interior like what eli did.

4) In the combinations section for a weapon, I see on Combat Rifle and hunting rifle the same keyword flags like if_tmp_SimpleRifle, or if_tmp_SniperRifle_SemiAuto. Some of these keyword flags appear in Mods, so I am assuming that maybe the standard weapon instantiator will work on mods using these flags. I searched for mention of these flags, but didn't see any chatter. Is there a good document that describes them and the mechanism?

Edited by ShabnamHoward