Following The Thread quest bug

cleenski

After choosing to fight the guards in the sewers, as opposed to giving them a password, I ran away from them because my health was low to begin with. I re-entered the area only to find that I no longer had the option of giving them a password, and the gate is still locked. I've tried everything, including going back to other characters in the hopes of reactivating the quest.

Any suggestions?

Edited by cleenski

• 1 month later...

After choosing to fight the guards in the sewers, as opposed to giving them a password, I ran away from them because my health was low to begin with. I re-entered the area only to find that I no longer had the option of giving them a password, and the gate is still locked. I've tried everything, including going back to other characters in the hopes of reactivating the quest.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm. I've never heard of that one before. You could try restoring from a saved from before you talked to those guards and heal up (and take a potion) before you talk to them.

If you don't have a previous save (and really, in this game, you should keep a lot of saves!), then upload your saved game somewhere (zip it first, please), give me the URL, and I'll look at it for you.