Change NPC Face

Kyoichi2204

Hi all, I've been looking for it since this morning and couldn't find any relevant information. I just started "modding" and I'm quite confused, so I would like some help.

Let's say I'd like to use Jordis' face for Lydia for example. I would like Lydia to look exactly as her, but can't figure out how to do it.

So far, I've read many topics about getting our player-character's face into npc face, but nothing about npc to npc face. Is there a way to do it ? Would that be different from a NPC from a mod to "Lydia" for example ?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Kyoichi2204

Thanks, I understand what you mean, but like I said, I can't figure out how to do it... By Lydia's data inside CK, I assume it's "Actor / Housecarlwhiterun", and what should I do from there ? How to import a NPC Face ? that is where I need help or a tuto or anything... :confused:

The way I have always done this - in the Creation Kit load up SKYRIM.esm and the mod that has the face you want. Go to ACTORS>ACTOR, in the Filter type housecarl. Double click on HOUSECARLWHITRUN, Lydia's character window will pop up. Either write down what the trait menu says, or try and open Lydia's character window twice. Under template data, select the character you want Lydia to look like, then check USE TRAITS. Once everything is loaded, uncheck TRAITS, and put Lydia's traits back to normal.

:biggrin: Thanks a lot !! It works fine. However, I just get something quite different when I tried to use a mod face on Lydia or any other npc... Great neckline and the famous two colors (I just forgot the Crtl+F4) :wallbash:

Using what you told me, how can I tell CK to use custom "mesh" and "texture" for a face ? I already have a mesh folder and texture folder that has all the files needed.

Doubt you can do it for the just the face, I looking in the Creation Kit to see where you would add the head at. Do you have the tri file for the head as well. I still have no clue what a tri file is, but there needed with the head mesh.

Doubt you can do it for the just the face, I looking in the Creation Kit to see where you would add the head at. Do you have the tri file for the head as well. I still have no clue what a tri file is, but there needed with the head mesh.

As I was thinking about using Pretty Face Mod, I just thought I should take all its files including the .tri ones if they're needed. The only thing is that I can't figure out where I have to put these files in order for the game to use them instead of some weird mix between vanilla and the .npc file I import... :unsure:

Ok, I managed to do what I wanted and it seems to work without worrying about .tri files or what.

However, one problem remains, and I don't know how to fix it. I suppose it is very simple when I see how many mods we have about modified NPC. The NPC I modified has a tiny gap between her head and the body. o_O Pretty good if we want to have a glance at what's behind her, but I would rather prefer the gap to disappear. So here is my question : how can we make that gap disappear ? I tried changing my NPC height and weight, but the gap still remains. (however she got taller and bigger :pinch: )