3DSMAX2013 plugin error

Good evening everybody!

I just wanted to make a quick little nif for something that I am working on, but when I opened 3DSMAX 2013, a error message came up.

It said this:

-- Unknown property: "bShowDiffuse" in (null):DirectX_Shader

A few days ago everything was working fine!

I did not install / uninstall any plugins for 3DSMAX since then and didn't change any settings or the folder structure of installed applications ...

I also didn't install any Wind0w$ downgrades ("updates") lately ...

This just happened completely unexpected, without any explanation.

I know that reinstalling all of the plugins will probably resolve this issue, but I want to know what is going on here, so that this problem will never bother me again ...

If anybody knows anything about this, let me know here.

EDIT:

Ok, I reinstalled the plugins and it still does not work. A quick search with that error message only showed me this post here :laugh:.

So I don't know what to do now ...

(I really don't want to reinstall 3DSMAX ...)

Well. that means I have to stop working on modding FO4 and start playing again ... :confused:

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

3DSMAX starts without errors, but when I click "Materials -> BSLightingFX", there is a error message that says this:

LightingMAX.fx could not be found

I did never ever touch any of the 3DSMAX "files" or change anything like that.

I really don't know what is going on / what I should do ...

I think you need to configure the path as is described in the README.txt file:

2. Select the 'Customize' -> 'Configure User Paths' menu options.
-Under 'External Files' tab, you need to add the new directory "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\plugins\BGS\Shaders\", or equivalent.

Additionally you can get support for newer DDS compression (for normal and spec textures) with this patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20540/

And also the ability to import nif files (without collision): https://github.com/figment/max_nif_plugin/releases (niftools-max-plugins-3.8.0.0fc6f5f.exe).

YES!!!!!!1

That worked!

Thank you! The "missing file" is exactly in that folder!

Thanky ou so so much!

I think I know what happened:

I maybe have accidentally clicked "restore settings to default" or something like that (and that could have reset the plugin file path setup).

I don't know, but it works now and if it ever happens again, i know what to do ...