Potential "Collections" Feature?

ClairSynth

Hello! I've been using Nexus Mods for years now, and I really appreciate the service it provides!

Recently I've had an idea for the site, similar to Steam's collection feature on their workshops. Basically, I think giving users the ability to add their favorite mods to their own custom lists could help a lot with personal organization, and also just general quality of life! It could have the ability to install all of the list's mods straight to Vortex so you can easily put together and install mod packs and still have them if you want to change it up!

I've never posted here before, definitely be sure to let me know if I did something wrong! Thank you!

Hi AquariusTN,

You'll be pleased to know we have been actively working a system very similar to the one you describe here.

I'm not able to give any more details yet, but once we're happy with it we'll make an announcement so keep an eye on the site news :)

Awesome! Thank you, and everybody else behind the scenes on the team! You all have definitely made my time with modding games a lot easier and faster.

I agree w/the Awesome and Raise it with 2 AWESOMES!! :dance:

Yes! So much this.

I'm used to working with Package Managers in tech (e.g. NPM for Node modules or Composer for PHP).

Installing a package adds it to a list of packages and adds the files to a special folder.

When sharing the project I don't need to share the dependencies, just my code and the package list.
They can `npm install` the project and it copies all the needed dependencies from the web.

Those packages tend to be smaller, so I could see how this would be a premium feature for mods...

And individual mod contributors might not like that others could just add their mod to a list and the whole thing would get downloaded and installed at once...

Just started using Mod Organizer 2 for Morrowind and it addresses a lot of these needs except for the bulk download.

It even allows for a CSV (bulk) export option, but without being able to send the list to a friend and have them import it, it's still manual labor...

Anyway great to hear you're working on something. :)