Animal follower missing dialogue options

So I decided to make a mudcrab follower (yes I know, very original) and I got it semi-working, it's in game, it has a model and i can talk to it. Problem is, the "Follow" and "Favor" options in dialogue are missing, and even though I added subtitles, as in, when I tell him something he replies by making a generic mudcrab sound and the subtitles are supposed to say *happy mudcrab noises* or something like that. But the subtitles are not showing up (yes I have them enabled, I checked). The sound still plays though. And lastly, I made sure to remove the sandboxing package from my crab, but he still does the mudcrab sanboxing.

Now I'm a complete noob when it comes to scripting, so I just used scripts from a tutorial, and some of them work just fine - I can check my mudcrab's inventory, I can send him home and I can make him wait, but i can't make him follow if he is waiting and I cant command him to do something specific. So now I'm out of my depth.

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Here's the mod file in it's current state - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrwYUSWUKmdZYhHcInRg1MaBO_vdjTve/view?usp=sharing

And here is my modlist, in case it's an issue of compatibility - https://modwat.ch/u/SlowMoPokes/plugins

I did a pet follower recently and started from scratch.

The tutorials for pet followers are not that useful IMO.

To my mind, you want to create an entirely new framework for your pet. That way it won't conflict with any other pet follower mods.

I'd skip the Favor stuff, since most pets don't have the animations to do most of the favors, anyway. Follow should work, though (it does with mine).

In the end papyrus fragment of the follow player dialogue, you should have something like this... (GetOwningQuest() as MBRVfollowerScript).AnimalFollow()

Obviously, 'MBRVfollowerScript' won't apply to you... that's calling my own script. What it's doing is telling the game to use the function 'AnimalFollow()' that is in my script. That function then makes my pet follow. If you've missed this off your dialogue it won't work!