Mod request - C-10 Rifle

Domacleod

Was pleasantly surprised to see a ghost suit on the nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7212) but then astounded that there's no Canister Rifle - you know, those sniper rifles used by the same starcraft ghosts.

Now, there are several ways I could think of it being more than just another skin for a regular sniper rifle with modded ammo. I'll copy pasta the relevant part of the wiki article for the weapon and then explain how I see it being doable in Fallout 4:

It is constructed out of neosteel and polymer.[7]

Although the Mk. VI is unwieldy in the hands of others,[2] ghosts are able to use it as both an automatic weapon[8][9][10][11] and as an anti-personnel sniper rifle,[12][13] capable of a one-shot kill.[2]

The weapon fires 25mm antipersonnel rounds.[7] These rounds appear to be charged with energy instead of relying purely on conventional explosives and have the power to destroy siege tanks from the inside.[9] The Mk. VI is also equipped with a flashlight,[10] can fire EMP rounds[14] that punch through shields and deplete energy sources, lockdown rounds,[7] and has retained the low frequency targeting laser that is used to guide tactical nuclear missiles and now drop pods to their intended destination.[2] The accuracy of ghosts has improved thanks to the Mk. VI containing a magnetic grid tracker to verify coordinates.[3] These rifles are augmented with recoil absorption for accurate follow-up shots, an automatic aim compensation module that compensates for wind speed, gravity and the Coriolis effect, and sixteen sound-suppressing baffles.[15] Ghost trainees of the Terran Dominion are expected to be able to strip and reassemble Mk. VI C-10 rifles in a minute and a half.[10]

By 2511, new ammunition for the C-10 had been developed that allows the rifle to pierce zerg armor at greater ranges.[16]

Now on to my ideas:

Materials:

Obviously a minor detail, but:

- A good chunk of Steel

- A chunk of a custom recipe of polymer made out of some miscellaneous other materials that are harder to get, maybe including nuclear material.

Receivers:

While 25mm ammo is not something we have in fallout 4, that's a bit of a moot detail - could of course make a craftable ammo type, but it's extra work for not much gain.

-Full auto .45 - SMG firing rate, medium damage about the same as an assault rifle, medium range, good hip fire, low recoil, normal AP cost

-Semi-auto .50 AP - low fire rate, higher damage, longer range, poor hip fire, medium recoil, higher AP cost, maybe innate cover penetration

-"Canister" 2mm EC - shoot then reload, high power, rounds explode on impact (maybe scaled down gauss bullet effect and scaled down missile impact FX and radius? or gauss rifle impact effect, either works), long range, terrible hip fire, bonkers recoil, very high AP cost. I'm thinking 2mm EC because it's harder to find and might make sense as to why the projectiles explode

-EMP 2mm EC - shoot then reload, medium power, disables robotic enemies on impact (EMP style, gauss effect works if not used for the above, otherwise maybe institute rifle impact?), long range, terrible hip fire, bonkers recoil, very high ap cost

Alternatively, another idea would be to have just 1 receiver type and be able to switch between ammo types. I've seen a mod that allows switching between different vision modes (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12220), don't think it's the exact same concept, but maybe an item could be used to change the receiver on the go, like that mod's switch item.

Barrels:

- Short barrel, shorter range, higher damage

- Long barrel, higher range, lower damage

- Light short/long for lighter weight

Grips:

-Standard stock, no effect

-Comfort stock, improves hip fire and recoil

-Marksman stock, improves sighted accuracy and recoil

-Recoil compensating stock - improves sighted recoil and accuracy more

Magazine:

-Normal, 20

-Medium, 30

-Large, 40

-Quick reload versions

Sights:

-Iron (standard)

-Reflex (dot/circle)

-Short/medium/long recon

-Short/medium/long nightvision

-Short/medum/long thermal

Muzzles:

-Muzzle break, reduced recoil, less range

-Suppressor, noise reduction, less range, less recoil, better accuracy

Mod/Special:

-Laser marker, now, in starcraft it allows you to paint a location for a nuclear missile strike, i figure it wouldn't be too hard to script mini-nukes to come out of the sky when using it. Fallout 4 has an aimed-down-sight mechanic that allows context actions to pop up, for example on animals with the pacify perk. I could see it maybe being used for laser painting for a mini-nuke launch out of the sky as long as you're outdoors (similar to C-Finder from Fallout NV). Maybe have a copy-paste of the mortar model and require loading it with mini-nukes for the laser marker to use as ammo? Not sure if that's doable. Still, would give mini-nukes a use outside of Fat Man, which is a bit clunky and unwieldy.

-Flashlight (toggled with holding tab, replace pip-boy like the power armor light)

Visual references:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/2/2e/C-10Rifle_SC-FM_Art1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170303114613

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/4/4b/C-10RifleMkVI_SC2_Story1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100802163646

Just a thought, but would be amazing to see implemented since Ghost was canceled and will probably never be a thing. This'd be as close to that kind of experience, I guess.

Thanks for reading.