Granting Permissions for another Account (Same PC)

FlashyFinn
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Good day, I am currently attempting to setup another account (User B) on my Windows 10 PC (different login) to allow another user to manage their own mods through Vortex. However, I have run into an issue.

Vortex successful manages other games, such as Fallout New Vegas, which had been modded on my own account (User A) on the PC. But when I select Skyrim Special Edition to be managed I am hit a prompt to grant Vortex permission.

This user is granted Admin permission so I can accept the prompt but then I will be hit with another, and another. It appears that Vortex requires me to manually grant it permission for every file related to mods added by User A located in the game's directory.

Is there anyway I can bypass manually having to grant individual permissions for files? User B already has full control of Skyrim SE's game directory from looking at the driver's properties and security.

Vortex Version: 1.1.15

Do you have SKyrim's Mod staging folder on the same drive as Skyrim?

Actually that sounds more like a Windows 10 issue.

I know when I set up another account, and I log into it, any change I want to make on that account, requires me to enter my admin password to apporve it

Thanks for the reply!

I checked on file explorer where the Mod Staging Folder was located. It located on the same drive ©. Though the file location is not directly located with Skyrim's directory. C:\ProgramData\vortex\skyrimse\mods to be precise.

I've been playing around with it more and noticed that after swapping to user A and setting it's Vortex profile to an unmodded version, then swapping back, user B's Vortex can manage the game using that profile without the prompts appearing. So I could use that workaround, but user B had been using user A's Vortex to play and has a their own profile. Ideally I'd liked to transfer that profile and it's mods to user B's account. Though that might be a whole different forum post.

I can confirm, I have both users Vortexs' Multi-User mode set to shared.

SETTINGS-------->VORTEX------>Multi-User Mode

What mode is Vortex set to?

Shared or Per-User?

Does user B have full control of the Vortex directory like they have with Skyrim's directory?

Don't know if that will help, but it doesn't hurt to ask

I can confirm, I have both users Vortexs' Multi-User mode set to shared.

SETTINGS-------->VORTEX------>Multi-User Mode

What mode is Vortex set to?

Shared or Per-User?

Does user B have full control of the Vortex directory like they have with Skyrim's directory?

Don't know if that will help, but it doesn't hurt to ask

Yeah, checked with file manager, Properties > Securities states that user B has full control of Vortex's directory. I feel this may be an issue with Windows 10 and less with Vortex. We decided to simple use user A's account for user B's remaining Skyrim play-through, I really appreciate the help though!