Xml code

pasmon79

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Sandbox.Drifter.HomeSiteClaimed

To test to make sure, I think the easiest thing to do would be to add an action under the Event.Update30s

BAsically, if it is false put up a message. On a new game it should show up in the log frequently until you settle a base. Then, moving to the next level.. if it resets to false the message will appear again.

Also, the file actorconstants.xml can be edited to make players take reduced damage from zombies. But, from what I experiencing this doesn't affect the NPC. What .xml file can I open to make NPC take more/less damage from zombies?

There really isn't one, and I suspect the effects are again in the statemachine, but I am not sure. You could possibly work with expertise using the npceffects, but there are none actually used in the game already, so that may not be implemented.

Edited by qmjs

You could, but what would be the point? If your survivors can't die, resources are plentiful, and zombies die easily, what are you actually going to do in the game? I think it would get boring fast.

Each mode of SOD (LIfeline or Breakdown) requires different rules to earn an enjoyable experience.

Enhancing the health of NPC makes sense only while modding and playing Lifeline but not breakdown,

You see "Story-Mode" is essentially a "Tutorial", "Lifeline" is a "Death Match" and requires tactical game-

play, while "Breakdown" requires strategic style of game-play.

Edited by pasmon79

You could, but what would be the point? If your survivors can't die, resources are plentiful, and zombies die easily, what are you actually going to do in the game? I think it would get boring fast.

Idk man, I just like tweaking this game to randomness lol

Fair enough, but I have worked with other modders for years, and fairly soon after they start making those sorts of changes they just sort of disappear... I have always assumed it was because it got too easy that it was boring.