Blade and Sorcery mods not working

tbisogno
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

This is my first time using mods as well as Vortex. I am trying to install some mods to Blade and Sorcery (star wars ones) and i have followed the video in how to get everything set up. However, when the mods are enabled, i get two messages: Deployment failed and Some mods are redundant. Not sure why i am getting the redundant mod message since this is the first time i have downloaded them. As for the failed one, again, not sure why they have failed.

I am playing off Oculus and i have this for the "Mod Staging Folder":

C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\bladeandsorcery\mods

This for the "Game Folder":

E:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\warpfrog-blade-sorcery

And this is the "Game Mods Folder"

E:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\warpfrog-blade-sorcery\BladeAndSorcery_Data\StreamingAssets

Thank you for helping

Redundant means that one mod has the same content as one of your other mods

Your Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the SAME Drive, as your Game.

IN order to move it properly, PURGE your mods with the PURGE button in Vortex, (if you don't have that button, go to SETTINGS--->INTERFACE, and turn on Enable Advanced Mode

Then go back to the MODS tab, and click PURGE.

Now, go to SETTINGS---->MODS, and change the directory and drive of your Mod Staging Folder using the interface shown below, DO NOT put the Mod Staging folder in the Game Directory.
Also, make sure to hit APPLY after you move the folder.

After doing that, you should be able to hit DEPLOY, and your mods will be restored

Be sure to go back to SETTINGS----->MODS....and check the Deployment Method, and see if you now have more than just the SYmlink Option.

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

I am starting over by deleting the mods since the pathway was wrong. Figured i would start with a simple mod and go from there.

So Im pretty dumb with this stuff: If the mod staging folder cant be in the game directory, where should i put it then? Keeps saying the folder has to be empty. Do i just create a whole new folder in the same drive?

• Solution

I am starting over by deleting the mods since the pathway was wrong. Figured i would start with a simple mod and go from there.

So Im pretty dumb with this stuff: If the mod staging folder cant be in the game directory, where should i put it then? Keeps saying the folder has to be empty. Do i just create a whole new folder in the same drive?

I told you all this information in my previous post, the Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the same drive as the Game, make a different folder for it.

Something like

D:\Vortex Mods\

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i'm having an odd issue for some reason Vortex just stopped working with blade and sorcery it looks like i have the mod directory set up right but i attempt to deploy mods and nothing is moving i'm pretty computer coder illiterate but it just seems to have disconnected for some reason

• 1 month later...

Redundant means that one mod has the same content as one of your other mods

Your Mod Staging Folder needs to be on the SAME Drive, as your Game.

IN order to move it properly, PURGE your mods with the PURGE button in Vortex, (if you don't have that button, go to SETTINGS--->INTERFACE, and turn on Enable Advanced Mode

Then go back to the MODS tab, and click PURGE.

Now, go to SETTINGS---->MODS, and change the directory and drive of your Mod Staging Folder using the interface shown below, DO NOT put the Mod Staging folder in the Game Directory.

Also, make sure to hit APPLY after you move the folder.

After doing that, you should be able to hit DEPLOY, and your mods will be restored

Be sure to go back to SETTINGS----->MODS....and check the Deployment Method, and see if you now have more than just the SYmlink Option.

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

How do you make a new folder for the storage of the mods? I'm not quite sure I understand where to put the mods