items deleted from inventory after a certain save.

Pyromanis115

i saved at a certain point during the vanilla story and closed the game. After logging back in nearly all my modded items were auto unequipped and deleted from my inventory as well as from NPC's. They till exist in game as i was able to reequip my character using the console but all of the brotherhood of steel and some companions had no armor for example. I have searched for an answer but couldn't find any so i made a new thread. Thanks for the help in advance bois and gals. ^_^
P.S. i have about 267 mods but they didn't have an issue till now.

You might disabled armor plugins, check your mod manager. I have some issuses even when I enable the mod in the Vortex but it doesn't enable plugins, I realize that when I load my save, it says which plugins are disabled since last save. So check your plugins in the mod manager.
Also you've might exceeded 254 esp limit.

It sounds like you might have a mod that is affecting how the game sees/reads your inventory. Perhaps specifically how your pipboy reads/sees your inventory. If the pip boy can't see that stuff when it's loading, that's why it's not appearing in your inventory. But you can still manage the items, using the console.

Also, just because an issue doesn't show up, doesn't mean that it hasn't been present before this. The lousy way this game engine handles scripts is pretty bad. They can have a bug that doesn't show up. But it's there. And it's like a snowball rolling down a snowy hill. Getting bigger, and bigger until it breaks.

In other words, it's kinda like the brakes on a car. The more they get used, the more it gets worn out, and eventually breaks. No pun intended.

i have finally resolved the issue. Idk how it dawned on me but i remembered that at some point the pip-boy flashlight mod was not working properly and it probably popped up but ignored it. i just reinstalled the mod and for now my game is working as intended. Thanks for the tips though.

-Edit: Apparently i didn't solve s#*!. i re downloaded the mentioned mod and for some reason it didn't affect the next save game but the one after that still had the same issue that i originally posted. I can;t find s#*!. it said that pip boy ESP was disabled bt after checking my load order and my ESP's they were all loaded and properly ordered. Also i downloaded the mod once more and still nothing changed. TBH i fill like s#*! cuz my last save was a new game with 3d playtime and now again 2 d playtime will go to trash for a corrupted save...

Edited by Pyromanis115

Heyas Pryo. Ugh, that always sucks. I'm sorry that it wasn't fixed.

Maybe you are having game version vs mod version conflict. Have you tried using the version patcher bypass on your game? It's almost a must have mod for running older mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

Also, I don't know if you are using a modmanager or not, but if you're using Vortex, are you making sure that you're mods are deployed? ( I don't use Vortex, or any other modmanager, so I'm sorry but I dunno how to check that.)

If you are using any other pip boy mods, inventory mods, sorting mods, mods that add icons to your inventory, all that kinds of stuff, check the mod pages for them to see if there are patches that you need to apply, to see if that might be the problem.

It could also be a matter of where one or more of them is sitting in your load order. Try playing with them disabled, and reactivate them one by one. That will tell you if there's a conflict. The conflict might be resolved by moving one down lower or higher than the other. However, it might also turn out that they just can't be resolved, and you might have to choose which one to keep.