You need to scrap vortex and start over.

sovs

Especially when someone ridiculously claims "I spent HOURS and DAYS trying to get Vortex to work with my games."

I couldn't get Vortex to properly work with DAO/DAA/DA2 .dazips. I either got the last installed mod to load, or my official DLC, not both. This isn't exactly a problem with Vortex though, as funnily enough, BWs own dazip tool likes to f this up. Also, last I tried, Vortex couldn't handle .override files, combine this with the aforementioned issue of the .dazip and you could say that Vortex didn't work with my games. But the Dragon Age Mod Manager can do these things fine. ( BTW whats Vortex Status on Dragon Age support, haven't quite kept up to date on this? )

Similarly I had .omods/.fomods that Vortex couldn't install or installed wrong leading to CTDs. And again, OBMM and FOMM installed those fine.( But once again, it is not Vortex that is to blame here ). Again, to a user who is rather new to modding, this appears as though Vortex is not working with the game.

I know that in the cases where Vortex failed, it wasn't at fault. This will be something that not everyone will be aware of though. So I would be rather careful labelling these cases as ridiculous.

Especially when someone ridiculously claims "I spent HOURS and DAYS trying to get Vortex to work with my games."

I couldn't get Vortex to properly work with DAO/DAA/DA2 .dazips. I either got the last installed mod to load, or my official DLC, not both. This isn't exactly a problem with Vortex though, as funnily enough, BWs own dazip tool likes to f this up. Also, last I tried, Vortex couldn't handle .override files, combine this with the aforementioned issue of the .dazip and you could say that Vortex didn't work with my games. But the Dragon Age Mod Manager can do these things fine. ( BTW whats Vortex Status on Dragon Age support, haven't quite kept up to date on this? )

Similarly I had .omods/.fomods that Vortex couldn't install or installed wrong leading to CTDs. And again, OBMM and FOMM installed those fine.( But once again, it is not Vortex that is to blame here ). Again, to a user who is rather new to modding, this appears as though Vortex is not working with the game.

I know that in the cases where Vortex failed, it wasn't at fault. This will be something that not everyone will be aware of though. So I would be rather careful labelling these cases as ridiculous.

I used Vortex for an installation of Oblivion, however, I had to unzip, or extract the omods and package them up properly, because back in the day there wasn't a standard yet, as it was mostly assumed that people would be installing manually, same with Morrowind, and even some Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas mods, they were usually zipped up inside a folder named after the mod, some were zipped in a top DATA folder, etc etc

I even wrote a lengthy article about how to convert mods for Oblivion, so you aren't stuck using OBMM AND WryeBash together

I've even written a Wiki article about using the Filters effectively and another article about using Groups

You can't fault Vortex for improperly packaged mods.

Also, NMM, MO, MO2 would've had the same problems with the files you mentioned so it's not exclusive to Vortex.

DAO/DAA/DA2 has been notoriously problematic for whatever reason, and needs to be looked into.

Because I've been using Vortex for about 2 years now, The cases I call ridiculous, showcase the fact that the person actually doesn't know what they are doing, because they make claims that "Vortex should have this, Vortex should have that, Vortex should be able to this or that" when the things they claim are already built INTO Vortex and they haven't bothered to even look for them and learn. They complain that features don't exist, or they complain about other things that Vortex can already do that they don't realize it can do because they haven't spent any time learning it.

Those claims ALWAYS show me that the person hasn't bothered to spend any time whatsoever with Vortex, nor has bothered to watch a tutorial or RTFM.

The very first thing I do with ANY new program, is I immediately open up the SETTINGs menu to see what I can change, turn on, turn off, etc.

Something everybody should do with every program they use.

Instead, those same people make outrageous claims that I know instantly aren't true at all because I know the Vortex interface, the Settings, and How to set up things in it.

So yea, I can call about 95% of claims of "I've spent 8 hours a day, for two weeks trying to set up vortex" as "ridiculous", given the fact that if they've TRULY spent that much time with Vortex, they would've learned how to do everything with it by now, instead, they're just exaggerating the amount of time they've spent, and coming to the support forum in frustration for not bothering to RTFM.

It's really not that hard at all

1. Let Vortex do the plugin sorting

2. Only use Groups when you need to put a plugin at the bottom of your load order

3. LOAD BEFORE means the MOD's Textures, meshes, and BSA will be OVERWRITTEN by the other mod it was conflicting with

4. LOAD AFTER means the MOD's textures, meshes, and BSA will OVERWRITE the other mod it was conflicting with

5. Only fix the problems that Vortex notifies you about

Functionality over looks any day, it just doesn't work for serious modding.

Also keep in mind that you are programming for people below 80, we don't need big shiny buttons to see what it is.

It's not your deployment mode that's the problem, it's your clusterf*#@ ways of handling mod conflicts. When you develop a new client try to think of something better than load before or after or strings, it works for 20 mods if you're lucky.

Your nmm was a superior client in many ways, if it's not broke don't fix it.

so go back and use nmm and keep your ill-informed and blatant trolling to yourself?

It's hardly trolling but merely a opinion, the only troll here is you.

I used Vortex for an installation of Oblivion, however, I had to unzip, or extract the omods and package them up properly, because back in the day there wasn't a standard yet, as it was mostly assumed that people would be installing manually, same with Morrowind, and even some Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas mods, they were usually zipped up inside a folder named after the mod, some were zipped in a top DATA folder, etc etc

I even wrote a lengthy article about how to convert mods for Oblivion, so you aren't stuck using OBMM AND WryeBash together

I've even written a Wiki article about using the Filters effectively and another article about using Groups

You can't fault Vortex for improperly packaged mods.

Also, NMM, MO, MO2 would've had the same problems with the files you mentioned so it's not exclusive to Vortex.

DAO/DAA/DA2 has been notoriously problematic for whatever reason, and needs to be looked into.

Because I've been using Vortex for about 2 years now, The cases I call ridiculous, showcase the fact that the person actually doesn't know what they are doing, because they make claims that "Vortex should have this, Vortex should have that, Vortex should be able to this or that" when the things they claim are already built INTO Vortex and they haven't bothered to even look for them and learn. They complain that features don't exist, or they complain about other things that Vortex can already do that they don't realize it can do because they haven't spent any time learning it.

Those claims ALWAYS show me that the person hasn't bothered to spend any time whatsoever with Vortex, nor has bothered to watch a tutorial or RTFM.

The very first thing I do with ANY new program, is I immediately open up the SETTINGs menu to see what I can change, turn on, turn off, etc.

Something everybody should do with every program they use.

Instead, those same people make outrageous claims that I know instantly aren't true at all because I know the Vortex interface, the Settings, and How to set up things in it.

So yea, I can call about 95% of claims of "I've spent 8 hours a day, for two weeks trying to set up vortex" as "ridiculous", given the fact that if they've TRULY spent that much time with Vortex, they would've learned how to do everything with it by now, instead, they're just exaggerating the amount of time they've spent, and coming to the support forum in frustration for not bothering to RTFM.

It's really not that hard at all

1. Let Vortex do the plugin sorting

2. Only use Groups when you need to put a plugin at the bottom of your load order

3. LOAD BEFORE means the MOD's Textures, meshes, and BSA will be OVERWRITTEN by the other mod it was conflicting with

4. LOAD AFTER means the MOD's textures, meshes, and BSA will OVERWRITE the other mod it was conflicting with

5. Only fix the problems that Vortex notifies you about

Show me your 350+ plugins, you can use zmerge and bashes if you want, show me how well Vortex does it.

I used it after it came out and it was a unstable mess, sure mods can be blamed to a certain extent, but it's also the mod manager's job to work with them.

Guest deleted34304850

Functionality over looks any day, it just doesn't work for serious modding.

Also keep in mind that you are programming for people below 80, we don't need big shiny buttons to see what it is.

It's not your deployment mode that's the problem, it's your clusterf*#@ ways of handling mod conflicts. When you develop a new client try to think of something better than load before or after or strings, it works for 20 mods if you're lucky.

Your nmm was a superior client in many ways, if it's not broke don't fix it.

so go back and use nmm and keep your ill-informed and blatant trolling to yourself?

It's hardly trolling but merely a opinion, the only troll here is you.

well that's me told.

depends on your expectations.

if you want nmm - use nmm.

if you want mo use mo.

if you want wrye bash use wyre bash.

etc.

etc.

etc.

i personally like to use a hammer for nails and a screwdriver for screws. they help me to achieve similar, if not the same goal. i do not complain that my hammer cannot be used effectively on a screw, and my screwdriver is useless when it comes to nails.

i don't need to use a hammer to hold this opinion and you can't stop me from having it.

I have a piece of wood, and a bunch of screws. Everyone seems to have been satisfied for years with the variety of screwdrivers and screws available. Then someone came along and said nails were better and insisted they would not be providing screwdrivers. So I see no reason to go get a hammer when the screws and screwdriver I've been using for over a decade does the job that's asked of it instead of demanding I adopt a hammer and nails that's less fitting to my piece of wood.

Perhaps some day when I'm doing different projects that require a different set of tools, the hammer and nails will be more appropriate to the job. For now though, that's simply not the case.

Show me your 350+ plugins, you can use zmerge and bashes if you want, show me how well Vortex does it.

I used it after it came out and it was a unstable mess, sure mods can be blamed to a certain extent, but it's also the mod manager's job to work with them.

That's what I'm talking about "Unstable Mess" is a false claim, which shows that you haven't used it properly.

I said 316 mods

I only use a Bashed Patch, I DO have a Z patch, but since the Author of Zedit won't support more than 255 Mods, I can't use it anymore, but it still shows up in my Sorting rules.

I converted a LOT of the mods to ESPfes using Vortex' built in tool that allows you to convert ESPs to ESPfe in order to save Plugin Slot space.

Number of Mods in Skyrim SE

316-mods.jpg

Number of Active and Light PLUGINS = 279, the other 37 being Textures, Meshes or SKSE64 plugins with no ESPs

Active-and-Light-Plugins.jpg

Plugin Rule Page

(I might have to post direct links to these so you can zoom in on them)

Direct Link - https://i.postimg.cc/dtDnhnPb/Plugin-Rules-complete.jpg

Plugin-Rules-complete.jpg

Mods Rules Conflict List (Also a direct link so you can zoom in

Direct Link - https://i.postimg.cc/Nfwmc4G8/Mod-Rules-Complete.jpg

Mod-Rules-Complete.jpg

This link might be better for the Mod Rules List (ya, you can click on the picture to zoom in)

https://postimg.cc/z30VwTg3

Now before you go "Oh ho ho ho!! Look at that MESS!!" Consider THIS...These are all of the conflicts that Vortex told me about.

Now, Consider how many conflicts YOU have in your NMM load order that you have absolutely no clue about because NMM doesn't bother telling you.

Anything else you'd like?

Now perhaps you'll accept that I know what I'm doing, and talking about, and that I'm not lying.

BTW, this took me all of about 45 minutes to get up and running

Dont think it helps if anyone dares to critisize vortex,they are labeled as a troll or too stupid and dont kow how to use it properly.

Vortex works ok but i didnt enjoy using it.Hate the GUI and the way it does some things.Personally i prefer MO2.Modding is supposed to be fun,choose the mod manager that you like the most and move on.

Your always going to get those who think its the best thing since sliced bread and cant stand any negative feedback about it.

Dont think it helps if anyone dares to critisize vortex,they are labeled as a troll or too stupid and dont kow how to use it properly.

Vortex works ok but i didnt enjoy using it.Hate the GUI and the way it does some things.Personally i prefer MO2.Modding is supposed to be fun,choose the mod manager that you like the most and move on.

Your always going to get those who think its the best thing since sliced bread and cant stand any negative feedback about it.

Same with the people who use NMM, according to those people NMM was sent down by God herself.

Also, same with those people who see a Vortex hate thread, and need to jump in to every single one just to leave a negative post.

If the people criticizing Vortex used FACTS instead of emotion, they wouldn't meet any resistance.

If the people criticizing Vortex used FACTS instead of emotion, they wouldn't meet any resistance.

No, just no. People tried that and were greeted with the same level of hostility and disrespect you all are treating people with right now who bring up legitimate criticisms. A lot of us have simply determined it to not be worth the effort and are simply recommending our users use something else instead.

No, just no. People tried that and were greeted with the same level of hostility and disrespect you all are treating people with right now who bring up legitimate criticisms. A lot of us have simply determined it to not be worth the effort and are simply recommending our users use something else instead.

Meh, I remember you, you were MIKEY in the Life Cereal Saturday Morning Cartoon Commercials in the 60s.. "He hates Everything"

Stop using the tired old "Argumentun ad populum" that you've accused so many others of using. SERIOUSLY. stop with the "WE" and "A LOT OF US" "PEOPLE" "OUR USERS" etc

That entire conglomeration of "WE" and "A LOT OF US" "PEOPLE" "OUR USERS" has been created by you and your team by constantly s**tposting about Vortex, whenever there's a chance to put down Vortex, you and the rest of the crew make sure they do it, and sadly it's all unfounded, and not based on user experience, but instead on 'hearsay'

As much as I respect(ed) you and and Madcat, I feel that the hate from you guys isn't based in experience of fact, and is just going with the flow

Really, I thought you were all better than that

Also, it's AMAZING how the people who are committed to hating Vortex ignore all of my posts in this thread that explain how to use vortex and instead ignore them and continue to whinge and complain.

It's like people don't WANT to learn.

I guess it's easier to throw blame and complain than it is to learn. given today's exceptionally low standards