Can't get CBBE Bodyslide to work with Vortex

Fabyl

I've recently switched from NMM to Vortex (a couple of days ago, so I'm running the latest version of Vortex) and overhauled all my mods. I downloaded CBBE and Bodyslide normally and made my own preset, but when I press the 'build' button the changes don't show up in game (clothed or unclothed). I only have 60 mods installed and enabled and I don't think I have any that would conflict with bodyslide. Bodyslide also worked fine for me with NMM in skyrim (not sse).

Here's what I've tried so far with no results:

• Reinstalling both CBBE and bodyslide
  • Checking and unchecking the 'build morphs' box (I also tried installing CBBE with and without the morphs option)
  • Running bodyslide as administrator
  • Manually moving the femalebody_0/1.ini files into my character assets folder
  • opening bodyslide from my mod manager and from the folder it's in

My only guess is that maybe it has something to do with the reference skeleton or game data paths, which right now are:

Game Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

Reference Skeleton: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody_0.nif

I've also heard that I shouldn't be installing things in program files but that's just where my steam folder is so they ended up there automatically. So far it hasn't caused problems with any other mods, so I don't know why it would be an issue with this one.

Thanks for any input!

Your path to bodyslide should be something like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide x64.exe

I just tried to do it but for some reason when I try and change the game path using the browse button it won't show me the bodyslide executables.

Normally the folder looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/k7w1n12

But when I look at it through browse it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/OJpHkwC

(Sorry for the imgur links, forum is giving me grief)

Edited by Fabyl

Your path to bodyslide should be something like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide x64.exe

I just tried to do it but for some reason when I try and change the game path using the browse button it won't show me the bodyslide executables.

Normally the folder looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/k7w1n12

But when I look at it through browse it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/OJpHkwC

(Sorry for the imgur links, forum is giving me grief)

CAPS for emphasis

Notice in your second sceenshot the button is saying SELECT FOLDER

THat's why you don't see the other files, because it only wants you to Select a FOLDER.

Are you trying to set this up through Vortex in the Dashboard by adding the TOOL?

If so, you NEED to Set a TARGET and START IN directory

Target will be

Start In will be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\

Notice in your second sceenshot the button is saying SELECT FOLDER

THat's why you don't see the other files, because it only wants you to Select a FOLDER.

Are you trying to set this up through Vortex in the Dashboard by adding the TOOL?

If so, you NEED to Set a TARGET and START IN directory

Target will be

Start In will be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\

Yeah, I already have the start in and target directories set up with those paths. My question is how do I make my game data path in the bodyslide tool go to bodyslide x64.exe (like you said) if it wants me to select a folder.

Edited by Fabyl

No, I already did that. I'm talking about the data path in bodyslide under settings. I think you misunderstood my original question.

I think your problem is the extra \ at the end of your path

The path I have is

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data

Notice that your path is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

Instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data