Can't get CBBE Bodyslide to work with Vortex

Fabyl

In case this is what you're referring to, the data path under Advanced (in Bodyslide) is only for exporting "product" to an alternate folder, for instance, if you were working on replacing the body for a follower or NPC that has no bodyslide XML, and wanted to export the files so they could be merged into a character's unique mesh data, or producing some alternate body mesh for your own character that you'd insert manually by file replacement at some later date (for whatever reason).

When you're just trying to work with your own active character, the data path under Advanced should be left empty. Only populate that entry with a folder name IF you want to circumvent applying the builds to your character (or some other character that has a bodyslide you might be working on) . Otherwise it points to the player store, or alternatively, if working on some NPC with a bodyslide, to their respective data store.

File path for the reference skeleton should be

Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\res\skeleton_female_sse.nif

I already changed it back to that and there's no difference. No offense, but I kinda feel like you're just taking stabs in the dark here.

Edited by Fabyl

In case this is what you're referring to, the data path under Advanced (in Bodyslide) is only for exporting "product" to an alternate folder, for instance, if you were working on replacing the body for a follower or NPC that has no bodyslide XML, and wanted to export the files so they could be merged into a character's unique mesh data, or producing some alternate body mesh for your own character that you'd insert manually by file replacement at some later date (for whatever reason).

When you're just trying to work with your own active character, the data path under Advanced should be left empty. Only populate that entry with a folder name IF you want to circumvent applying the builds to your character (or some other character that has a bodyslide you might be working on) . Otherwise it points to the player store, or alternatively, if working on some NPC with a bodyslide, to their respective data store.

Thanks for the suggestion! The data path under advanced is already blank, so that shouldn't be creating an issue. I might just try completely uninstalling and reinstalling cbbe and bodyslide at this point because I have no idea what else could be causing the problem.

Edited by Fabyl

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a really late reply but I was having the same problem and found this thread so if this, in turn, helps someone else in the future then good. Bodyslide has a left side and a right side. I don't understand how/why it works that way but I found that if you make your changes on one side, your character's body might be using the settings for the other side and so it just looks like the default body. What I did was use the little arrow button to copy all my settings from one side to the other then clicked the build button and it worked.

Edited by Repomeister