Fallout 4 Horizon 1.8 Crashing in Boston

Brotherofcats

The ones I recommend the most are Tales of the Commonwealth, which is so good it seemlessly fits into the base game, and the Thuggysmurf group of Project Valkyrie, Outrcasts and Remnants, Fusion City Rising and Depravity, which all work together. Between them those mods add as much content as Vanilla. If you play Skyrim, check out Interesting NPCs, by the same guy who did Tales of the Commonwealth. 80+ voice actors, and most of it will fool you into thinking its' vanilla. The Thuggysmurf mods can go over the top, and I have fought a dozen of the most difficult battles in the game through his mods. Vault Tech, Children of Atom, Insec. They'll all test you. Next, tomorrow, I'm going to try to generate some patched through FOEdit and see where that gets me.

Hot damn, I found it. It was one dds file in one mod. I tried the FOEdit patch, didn't work. So I made a new character, exited the vault under God Mode and ran into Boston, to the point where the game kept crashing. I saved there and then ran ahead, right into a crash. All my plugins except the Unofficial Patch were disabled, so it wasn't any of them. So I disable all of my texture mods that didn't have plugins, ran ahead and through the crash point. Ran over to the library, where the game crashed before entering that area from the other side and got there no problem. So, I enable texture mods until I got the crash again, with a mod called Pre-Apocalyptic Walls For Santuary, in fact the file PAW With Leaves. Looked on their posts and someone mentioned that one file, Metalroof03.dds. Went into the mod and deleted that file, and again did a run through to Backstreet Apparel and up to the Library. Hurrah. Such a simple little thing, and it was probably causing some of my other crashes as well. People in the Post section complained that their games were crashing near Bunker Hill, or at the Constitution, and when they deleted that one file everything worked. Kind of Wonkey, and nothing I would have predicted, since the mod is only supposed to change things at Sanctuary.

I played three hours after that with my established character. Everything loads a little faster, and I was able to take out the Raiders in Backstreet Apparel no problem.

Congratulations!

I have yet to figure out the texture mods. I just installed Wasteland Garage, and suddenly, everyone had brown faces! I thought I had fixed that with the Black Face patch, but apparently it got overwritten somehow. Uninstalled Black Face and reinstalled it, and then the faces were OK, but some other stuff went screwy. And meanwhile, John Hancock still has pink hands, for no reason I can understand. Never had a crash because of textures that I can recall, though.