Open Community  ·  3 members

Devil May Cry 5

Help modding music

DrFeelgood0456

Hi, I'm trying to add in some custom music tracks but I can't really figure out how to do it. I've unpacked everything with RETool and I can see all the files, but I'm kind of at a loss at where to go from here. I can find all kinds of texture modding tutorials but nothing about music. Any help would be appreciated

• 3 months later...

This would be a starting point, works for DMCV as well:

https://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10211/method-audio-modding

I recommend skimming the whole thread and searching that entire forum for more info. As far as i remember, files you need will have .bnk.2.x64 extension, which you need to change to just .bnk and go from there, if you're following this method.

I tried using it to mod the missions with generic combat music (like 8, 16), but failed miserably because the tracks are short and weirdly looped. Jukebox music (DMC1-3 tracks) modding is the most manageable, from what i understand. Boss tracks can be done too, dynamic tracks like Devil Trigger are trickier but i think someone figured out even that.

Edited by ModBreak

This would be a starting point, works for DMCV as well:

https://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10211/method-audio-modding

I recommend skimming the whole thread and searching that entire forum for more info. As far as i remember, files you need will have .bnk.2.x64 extension, which you need to change to just .bnk and go from there, if you're following this method.

I tried using it to mod the missions with generic combat music (like 8, 16), but failed miserably because the tracks are short and weirdly looped. Jukebox music (DMC1-3 tracks) modding is the most manageable, from what i understand. Boss tracks can be done too, dynamic tracks

like Devil Trigger are trickier but i think someone figured out even that.

i hope you can make a tutorial for that method for DMC5 music files

• 1 year later...

hello.i search for how to mod music for some time and finnaly figure it out,so i want to share it..i want make it as simple as i could for other people

1.first download a mod that replace music of for example of devil may cry 2 musics(my mod was "Future in My Hands ")

2.now from your modmanger folder go to"DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise"

3.change the bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.x64 to bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.pck

4.open bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.pck with "wwiseutil-gui" tool

5.click on "replace" and choice the music you wanted to replace(i'm not sure but i replaced on third option that was there because there were 3 option in "wwiseutil-gui" tool screen)...(music format should be "WAV" format and by using "Wwise Launcher" software change that music from "wav" to "wem"...for that you need to go to the Wwise Launcher and after updating program go to "project" "import audio" and after doing that you need to click on "convert all music file" and finnally in the "Documents\WwiseProjects\YORHA\.cache\Windows\SFX" you can have the "wem" file that you want)(note:name of my project was "YORHA".you can name your project)

6.after that with "wwiseutil-gui" tool you need to click on "Save" to save the file in a location

7.delete "bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.pck" in the Games\DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise

8.place the file in the "Games\DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise" from the "modmanger"folder(you should save it as .pck format)

9.change the name of file to bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.x64(which means you have to change .pck to .x64 by editing the name of file)..by doing that,it would be repalce by old "bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.x64" that you no longer need it.. it's completed..just make whole folder to .rar again and run the mod with "modmanger"...for example my mod was to change DMC 2 Music(i think it's name was "fire and...")if you go to gallary and choice this music for dante and start a mission with dante,your music instead would play...hope it was usefull.if you know someone else has this problem.share with it

hello.i search for how to mod music for some time and finnaly figure it out,so i want to share it..i want make it as simple as i could for other people

1.first download a mod that replace music of for example of devil may cry 2 musics(my mod was "Future in My Hands ")

2.now from your modmanger folder go to"DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise"

5.click on "replace" and choice the music you wanted to replace(i'm not sure but i replaced on third option that was there because there were 3 option in "wwiseutil-gui" tool screen)...(music format should be "WAV" format and by using "Wwise Launcher" software change that music from "wav" to "wem"...for that you need to go to the Wwise Launcher and after updating program go to "project" "import audio" and after doing that you need to click on "convert all music file" and finnally in the "Documents\WwiseProjects\YORHA\.cache\Windows\SFX" you can have the "wem" file that you want)(note:name of my project was "YORHA".you can name your project)

6.after that with "wwiseutil-gui" tool you need to click on "Save" to save the file in a location

7.delete "bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.pck" in the Games\DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise

8.place the file in the "Games\DMC5\Mods\Future in My Hands v1\natives\x64\streaming\sound\wwise" from the "modmanger"folder(you should save it as .pck format)

9.change the name of file to bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.x64(which means you have to change .pck to .x64 by editing the name of file)..by doing that,it would be repalce by old "bgm_dlc_set_02.pck.3.x64" that you no longer need it.. it's completed..just make whole folder to .rar again and run the mod with "modmanger"...for example my mod was to change DMC 2 Music(i think it's name was "fire and...")if you go to gallary and choice this music for dante and start a mission with dante,your music instead would play...hope it was usefull.if you know someone else has this problem.share with it

if it's still a little vague for you,you can watch a video that i saw and find it usefull(also i explained the whole thing there too)

Edited by dante2255s

• 4 months later...

Guys I need your help, I'm on it since 5 hours just for putting a track instead of another one in a mod...

First of all, thank you for your tutorial. I have followed these instructions and it still blasting the mod's song and not mine... :sad:

Edited by Keiji84

I found why it is not working with your tutorial. At the step 5, we must not choose the third option but the first. I have been helped by this tutorial in Chinese : https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv13228300

-------------------------------

But now there is something else I don't understand, the music mod files are very light ! Like 3mb or 4mb for the wem file and it still in good quality. How you do it ? When I put a 3 minutes song it is at 27mb (both wav file or wem file).

Edit : Found it !

When you are working with Wwise do this :

filesize.jpg

Edited by Keiji84

• 3 weeks later...

I found why it is not working with your tutorial. At the step 5, we must not choose the third option but the first. I have been helped by this tutorial in Chinese : https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv13228300

-------------------------------

But now there is something else I don't understand, the music mod files are very light ! Like 3mb or 4mb for the wem file and it still in good quality. How you do it ? When I put a 3 minutes song it is at 27mb (both wav file or wem file).

Edit : Found it !

When you are working with Wwise do this :

filesize.jpg

first.i'm sorry that i did not answer you sooner...and second i must say...wow...you even compeleted my tutorial and that chinese adress was very good two...about that step 5...i believe it's because base mod...my mod was "future in my hands' maybe that's why it's worked with third one.....i'm just glad this tutorial was helpful...i thought no one would ever see my post at all