Trade, Crafting & Materials and Armour

jackty89

Good day everyone,

First of all i want to thank all the modders for creating already some great mods. I might delve into modding myself if i can find a how to :wink:

Now onto the topi, I have some mod idea's/requests that i would love to see in the game. I'm sure some of these might be far fatched without proper modding tools of course.

First idea has to do with trading/investing

I've stumbled on this mod that allows you to invest into land, i tought it would be a fun to expand this idea. If the you and the NPC's are able to invest in more things like say workshops, shops and caravans,...

This way when if you or the NPC are low on $$ he can invest small $ to get a steady trickle of $ without having to need to pay for a big upfront cost of buying a workshop.

It would be lovely that investing and owning workshops/cravans would also give you xp in trading (one can dream i guess)

An addional idea might be that the player can open his own shop and set his own prices

Secon idea: Crafting & Materials

I've seen quite a bit of crafting mods going around right now. Some of them look promising to say the least. But i still think Bannerlord crafting is on the weak side.

The ability to craft your own bows, crossbows, armour and more would have course be a welcome addition to the game. But i do believe this idea might be impossible without proper tools.

Another idea/tweak is the ability to bulk craft/refine items. I'm pretty sure a lot of you are sitting on top of tons of hardwood but having to click 50+ times to convert even a tiny portion of it is a PITA (pain in the ass).

Adding to this is the lack of being able to craft all types of metals, i'm in dire need of some Thamaskene steel so being able to craft this would be lovely.

Last but not least we should be able to buy more crafting materials in the shops like Thamaskene ore or charcoal,...

Last idea: armours

Now onto the last topic armours and it's effects. Most of us seem to agree that armours in this game needs some rework, hence the plethora of armour mods.

But most of these mods do similar thing, they chance weapon values fe Rock doing cut instead of blunt damage Or they massivly increase the armour value itself.

My idea, and i think it might only be possible if we have modding tools. Is to redesign armour protection values. What do i mean i hear you ask.

Instead of armours having just a big number, give them like weapons different protection values.

How it works now in Vanilla: Amour Chest 40 | Arm 10 | Leg 10

How i wish it works: Armour Chest 40CP, 25BP, 30PP | Arm 10CP, 5BP, 5PP | Leg 10CP, 5BP, 5PP

CP: cut protection, BP: Blunt protection, PP: pierce protection

What this would do is that the game will calculate if get hit, it would calculate if the protection threshold has been overcome or not.

It then calculates how much and thus it will distribute the damage, it is similar how it works now but still different.

This in theory willmake it so that certain weapons will be useless against certain armours.

In terms of balance i would make it so that no armour has a perfect protection against everything and secondly is to ramp up the price and lower the drop rate of highend armours.

Thank for taking your time reading this, feel free to discuss my idea's break them down or downright trash them ;-) all feedback is welcome ^^