Dark Interiors and Oblivion Reloaded Mod

jwoltz

Recently I had to reload my heavily modded Oblivion TESIV GOTE. It was a recent backup from my exterior hard drive including the GAMES folder in DOCUMENTS including the same .ini and SAVE files. Everything is restored except for interior lighting. Homes (especially in basements), caves, dungeons, and The Testing Hall (which is really bad), have all gone extremely dark despite my not having changed anything in the way of OR settings, .ini settings, shader settings, and the like. I suspect its OR (Oblivion Reloaded) but then it begs the questions of WHY? What could have happened? Is it OR or something else entirely? It's most noticeable in the Testing Hall and certain interiors like inns and basements. I'm still using OR 3.1.2 as the newer versions such as 7.0 + conflict with my game for some reason. Until this incident, it all worked just fine. Anyone have any ideas? A big Thank you in advance!

Edited by jwoltz

@ jwoltz:

I suspect it is something entirely else.

But with OR you easily disable bloom/color/HDR from it's in-game menu

(accessed by pressing "O") and if you perhaps messed some setting leading to the darkness,

you'd instantly see a change in the lighting brightness.

Or simply (temporarily) uninstall the mod and see if that fixes it for you.

If not, you kinda know for sure it's wasn't OR.

Slightly off topic:

Version 3.1.2? Wow. that sure IS ancient. Wonder why wouldn't v 7.x not work?

Alternatively you might perhaps want to check out "Oblivion Reloaded Lite" by @GBRPluss, it's here on the Nexus.

But back to topic:

A while back I've had a similar issue.

Before seriously rolling up your sleeves,

If you use the following mod: "Maskar Overhaul", you may want to check it's *ini file first.

It has quite a few light settings in "Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.ini",

which might as well have caused your issue.

In my case it turned out it was the "Real Lights" part of "Weather - All Natural",

of which apparently I managed to FUBAR some related script from that module during a modding frenzy.

What I did was:

- Completely uninstalling WAN,

- rebuilding bashed patch,

- then re-installing WAN (with Real Lights module)

- rebuild bashed patch

And that about fixed it for me.

Perhaps it is worth a try?

Hope this helps....