Mods vs Plugins in Vortex + OpenMW

hal900x

Hi gang,

I've just redownloaded Morrowind for the umpteenth time and installed OpenMW for the first time. Decided to give Vortex a go as well.

Installed just a few mods: Patch for Purists, Expansion Delay, and ncgdMW. Patch for Purists has two ESPs and one ESM, Expansion Delay has an ESP, and ncdgMW has neither. All three mods are enabled with no conflicts in Vortex. I then fired up the OpenMW launcher and observed that the ESM/ESPs were not enabled there, so I enabled them. So far so good.

However, I see under the Plugins section of Vortex that these mod's data files are disabled. It's been years since I modded anything so I forget what the difference between mods and plugins (and whether there is overlap between these two terms) is. Do I need to drag the disabled data files over to enabled in Vortex?

Also, any input about juggling mod management between Vortex and the OpenMW launcher would be very appreciated, as I will be adding more mods as I go along.

Not sure about Vortex, but there is a plugin for Mod Organizer 2 that allows you to export your modlist to OpenMW. https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45642/

Plugins usually refer to .esp and .esm files, while mods are more general including things like Meshes, Textures, Sounds and the plugins.

Unfortunately i can't really help you with Vortex stuff as i have never used it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...