Please Help Me With Bad FPS On RTX 2070 Super

FriendlyNPC

Hey guys! I bought the "KFA2 RTX 2070 Super EX (1-Click OC)" and I am VERY unpleased with the performance espacially compared to other people who have the same specs! I am playing Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 with mods, but nothing big only 2k textures and a performance friendly ENB, I have no godrays, shadows on low and ONLY 1080p and I still get only 35-45fps (its capped to 60 by the ENB). I read about other people with 4k textures and monster ENBs on 1440p who get 140fps if uncapped. What am I doing wrong? Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB DDR4, SSD

What else is running in the background?

I start nexus + steam in offline mode and then the game, nothing else!

my CPU usage while in windows mode is 33% and gpu 65% and both are very cool: cpu 50-60°C and GPU 40°C

Edited by FriendlyNPC

Are you running:

. Any PDF reader programs in the background?

... Turn OFF , if it is. DO NOT DELETE, just turn it OFF.

. ZIP file type program in the background?

... Turn OFF , if it is. DO NOT DELETE, just turn it OFF.... Turn OFF , if it is. DO NOT DELETE, just turn it OFF.

. Origin or other Online game host?

. What Anti-Virus software are you running and in what mode?

... See if it has what I un-technically call: Delay Frame till confirmed.

Are you running:

. Any PDF reader programs in the background?

. ZIP file type program in the background?

... Turn OFF , if it is. DO NOT DELETE, just turn it OFF.... Turn OFF , if it is. DO NOT DELETE, just turn it OFF.

. Origin or other Online game host?

. What Anti-Virus software are you running and in what mode?

... See if it has what I un-technically call: Delay Frame till confirmed.

No PDF reader i guess... I am not sure what I am looking for maybe Adobe Reader? In any case: No.

I use 7zip but there is no task.

Only steam.

Antivirus is Kapsersky Total Security with Game Mode Activated = He is not scanning or anything while ingame. Disabling doesnt have any effect on fps so far.

Edited by FriendlyNPC

Try this

1. Disable Vsync in the game!

2. Make sure you have these lines in skyrimpref.ini open with notepad (file under documents/mygames/skyrim special edition/, has these lines under Display:

bBorderless=1

bFull Screen=1

iVSyncPresentInterval=0

3. Go to Nvidia settings and enable Vsynch there using Nvidia software, I own Amd sorry can't be more specific there but I'm sure you can figure it out.

4. Now go open your normal skyrim.ini change or input this line under Display:

iPresentInterval=1

5. Now here is the key to all this also go to enblocal (under game folder, same place as the skyrim.exe) and make sure the Engine is set the same way as below, and the limiter is up to you.

I use the gpu for controlling the frames but if you want to use the enb just change the false to true if you use the Nvidia then leave it false but do NOT use the game Vsync :

[ENGINE]

ForceVSync=true

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

EnableFPSLimit=false

FPSLimit=61.0

Try that that is info all sources I have read here on tutorials fixing the same problem but with Amd card, and last but not least make sure you have all your engine fixes and such for the games example SSE has a fix for a low FPS bug when the game has a lot of mods. so make sure you have all those and good luck hope it helps you!

ps: I recall some tutorials recommending a 3rd party app for controlling vsynch for Nvidia but can't remember which. but you should be good if that was your problem of course.