Help to write lua script to buy hunting permit from huntsmen/bailiffs

CPTCHEDDAH

I've figured out how to add the hunting permit perk to my player without doing the master huntsman quest* to unlock it but I would like to make an lua script to buy the permit from certain npc's for say 100 Groschen per day, maybe two or three options for length of permit, but this would mean I would need multiple versions of the same perk with different ID's, and those ID's linked inside perk_buff.xml to different buff's in buff.xml (for the different lengths, one, two or three days)

* Well, I think I have, I have not actually tested it yet but I'm confident it works :D

The perk (hunting permit) itself doesn't seem to have a buff linked to it so I assume that the ability it actually gives, to loot animals without stealing, is located deeper in the game and not located in the buff.xml files. I assume this would make it impossible to have multiple versions of the perk with different perk ID's as it's actual ability is linked, even "hard coded" to that one perk ID so I can't have multiple versions of the perk for the multiple lengths of the permit.

This is fine, I can have just one length, lets say one day. Just means I have to use THIS ACTUAL PERK and PERK ID.

Problem two arises from this, if I only have the one hunting permit perk (the default, soon to be edited one) then I expect that when I do the proper quest to become the master huntsman then the perk reward would only last that one day then I would have to buy a permit every time I wan't to hunt after that quest. This again doesn't bother me much but would be nice to figure out a fix.

Is it possible to have multiple versions of this perk with different ID's? Can anyone find the "buff" that the perk gives in any game files?

Those above problems are the theoretical ones that I can see, now for the practical problem. . .

I've never wrote a lua script.

:'(

The Buff.xml file should be able to handle the duration part and take the perk back after the timer runs out using " implementation="Cpp:BasicTimed" " and " duration="86400" " ( obv, one day in seconds) then link this buff with the hunting permit perk ID but I have no idea where to start on an lua script that adds a dialog option to maybe all or even just a single huntsman / bailiff to buy the permit for say 100 Groschen.

Any info from master scriptwriters would be a huge help, although I'm going to figure this out either way. :D

Ps. I should also point out that I DO NOT use the mod tools as I've added to my KCD overhaul mod over the last few years before the mod tools came out and just updated manually inside my mod pak recently. Should I get the tools? I'd prefer to just do it my way without the mod tools if I'm honest.

EDIT 22/04 : So I've dropped the lua route because I think I should be able to create a quest with the mod tools.

The quest will have an objective "buy a hunting permit from the Rattay huntsman", when you have gone through the dialog option to buy the permit this objective will complete and give you the hunting permit perk. The perk will be edited to only last 2 days in game time and linked to a buff to make the timer possible. Completing the first objective will trigger the next objective "I have a hunting permit for two days" or something. After the two days the objective can fail along with the perk's timer running out and being removed from your character now bringing you back to the first objective to buy a hunting permit from the Rattay hunstman again making the quest impossible to complete and thus a repeatable hunting permit with a Groschen cost to complete the first objective and get the permit every time.

In theory anyways, lets see what I can figure out eyy. :smile:

IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE WRITING QUESTS WITH THE MOD TOOLS ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Edited by CPTCHEDDAH