Planet Generation - timing?

Shabdez

Does anyone know when the game generates the planets? Is this done when you start a new game? Or when you warp into a system for the first time? Or when you land on a planet for the first time?

If I change a game file that handles aspects of plant generation like weather for example, will I have to start a new game for the effects to take place?

Does anyone know when the game generates the planets? Is this done when you start a new game? Or when you warp into a system for the first time? Or when you land on a planet for the first time?

If I change a game file that handles aspects of plant generation like weather for example, will I have to start a new game for the effects to take place?

Hi Shabdez

As I understand it so don't quote me is that when you start a new game the planets are generated and then uploaded providing no player has been before you where you are currently located. But since the NMS universe is so large you're pretty spaced out until you warp into someone else's area that they have generated when they started their game. So you can guarantee your planet generation is your own until it uploads for anyone else to come across if and when the opportunity arises.

If you change the planet's plant generation or weather you should be fine and you will see the changes when you load your save. It's only if you change the terrains topography or anything major will you most likely need to restart a new game because it will affect structures that have already loaded and maybe a base for example, basic edits should be fine.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Myself :happy:

Edited by northener69