[LE] Vendor Closing Time Problem

I am stumped.

Hi all, I am having the following issue:

All the merchants I place in my game work fine, but they never close their shop.

For example: I set one merchant up via a faction with a vendor time window of 08:00 and 20:00.

When it is 07:00, the vendor does not sell (I do not get the "what have you got for sale" line)

When it is 08:00, I do get the line.

When it is 20:00, I still get the line.

When it is 21:00, I still get the line.

When it is 22.... etc.... I still get the line.

(I checked this with the console code "set gamehour to"

Once opened, they never close.

So this is what I have tried so far:

1) I have deleted the faction, NPC, and recreated it from scratch, did not work.

2) I copied an existing faction (which worked) from Carlotta in Whiterun, did not work.

3) I tried to accept the time problem and work around it with a clear "near reference" location, did not work.

4) I reinstalled Skyrim, did not work

5) I also tried to give them a rank of 0, did not work.

Now I am stumped.

I just cant get these vendors to close to their stands. What am I missing?

P.S.: It seems to be working whenever it feels like it. Cycling through different set gamehours one vendor suddenly worked fine regarding the opening and closing hours, but after another cycle of console set gamehours, it seized to work…. the only thing I can think of now is that maybe COC from game opening screen tends to screw AI up a little… but maybe one of you can help me.

P.P.S.: If all fails, I just accept that the vendors in my little town are workaholics.

Considering that creating a merchant is pretty simple and does not require anything complex, the only thing i can think is that you haven't added to them a whole schedule.

Example:

Package A = 24:00 to 08:00 > Sleep

Package B = 08:00 to 20:00 > Work

Package C = 20:00 to 24:00 > Eat at an inn

* In that order, this way when the time passes beyond 20:00 the next package will start (Package C) and the previous won't be available/not running (Package B).

* Do not use "Console Commands" to test, instead use the game's 'Wait'.

COC does not affect the packages.

Edited by maxarturo

Did you make a new vendor faction or did you duplicate an existing one? If you duplicated an existing one it will keep the originals timings whatever you change in the CK (look at in TesVEdit and you will see this).

• 1 month later...

I apologise for this late reply and thank for your answers.

I was going through some stuff.

But it is solved...

It was pretty stupid.

Foamyesque said it: "Shops don't close while you're in them. Did you try leaving & re-entering?"

So everything works fine, is the main thought.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldnt even be getting the line though.

Put Conditions on the Faction based on GetCurrentTime so the faction turns off at the correct time so they stop selling,

That's not default behaviour, but yes, you could. The reasoning behind the vanilla shop behaviour is that they didn't want the player getting arrested for trespassing while they're doing inventory dumps, I believe.