Heavy Traffic ×

Dark Souls Rage

hoofhearted4

i found rolling towards them works if you can time it right. i know sides dont work because of their large swing and tracking. the upheaval killed me once cause i didnt know what it did. to that point i had always killed them before they did it. then one time i didnt, and ya giant esplosions.

they are tough as well because they are usually surrounded by 3 or 4 or more of those scarecrow guys. which i can OHKO. like i said, my slow swinging and 2h is making this really difficult. thats not a problem in the normal game since i know the enemies, but in this new part, not having a shield, lol its tough.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that I've gotten a feel for the game, I have another question for you DS veterans. I just reached Darkroot Garden and came to the sealed door next to the bonfire. I'm assuming you need to get the Crest of Artorias to unlock it, but is this item worth the 20k soul price tag, and if so what's behind the sealed door? Is it worth it to just to continue down into Darkroot Basin and ignore whatever is behind there?

EDIT: I decided to spend the 20k souls and got the crest. I stumbled upon an excellent farming tactic right passed the sealed door that nets like 4-6k in souls with the ghost like enemies there. Hooray for farming!

Edited by Passb

Well now that I've gotten a feel for the game, I have another question for you DS veterans. I just reached Darkroot Garden and came to the sealed door next to the bonfire. I'm assuming you need to get the Crest of Artorias to unlock it, but is this item worth the 20k soul price tag, and if so what's behind the sealed door? Is it worth it to just to continue down into Darkroot Basin and ignore whatever is behind there?

Long story short, the way through from the other side would probably cost you well over the 20k price tag in lost souls, meanwhile spending the 20k grants you access to an area where you can potentially farm a large amount of souls. I would however not suggest having humanity in this portion unless you are playing in offline mode. You'll still want to take the route below at some point, but usually after you've rang the second bell and definitely after you've returned to the Undead Asylum for a few trinkets.

Long story short, the way through from the other side would probably cost you well over the 20k price tag in lost souls, meanwhile spending the 20k grants you access to an area where you can potentially farm a large amount of souls. I would however not suggest having humanity in this portion unless you are playing in offline mode. You'll still want to take the route below at some point, but usually after you've rang the second bell and definitely after you've returned to the Undead Asylum for a few trinkets.

I had humanity briefly in Darkroot Garden to kindle the bonfire before the sealed door but I feel like every time I restore humanity I die within minutes. Call it bad luck or I just suck at DS.

I had humanity briefly in Darkroot Garden to kindle the bonfire before the sealed door but I feel like every time I restore humanity I die within minutes. Call it bad luck or I just suck at DS.

Try not to spend too much humanity on kindling until you have the king vessel and access to one of the places where you can farm it reasonably well (Rats in the Sewers, Spirits in the expansion). You don't get too many of them otherwise and some bonfires you'll want to kindle more than once as soon as the option is available.

The problem, or rather the risk of humanity is that if you are connected online, it will allow others to invade your game to steal your souls, humanity, or just for their own benefit. The advantage is that it will allow you to summon NPCs and players to help with bosses. So dying shortly after you restore and kindle is not actually too bad of a situation unless you were planning to get help for a boss. Ideally though, if you can make it from one bonfire to another without losing humanity, you don't have to spend quite so much in order to kindle.

You may want to stay around the Dark Wood for awhile and build yourself up or gather souls for upgrading equipment though. Not only is it a good place to get souls, but if you can learn to parry the NPCs, you'll probably have an easier time in Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo. Parry and Backstab can become rather critical aspects of later play and surviving in NG+.

also, that new area youve gone into, with all the (almost) invisible people. i i HIGHLY recommend NOT being human when you go in there. that area is basically the designated PvP/invade spot. you WILL get invaded at most levels. and chances are, anyone invading in this area knows what they are doing and is usually well specced and equipped to PvP. also its almost instant in some cases. ive had the fog close at the door (meaning im being invaded) before i can even get to the bottom of those stairs. even when summoning phantoms, invaders can kill them off quick (because for the most parts, invaders are usually experienced, especially ones invading in that area, whereas summoned phantoms can be anyone, and not necessarily anyone experience in PvP)

luckily though, Sif isnt all that hard, so there isnt any need for a phantom helper. however if you do wanna summon a phantom or two to help you with Sif, your best bet is to just summon them and head straight for Sif, by passing the enemies, then just go back after and explore the area.

also, that new area youve gone into, with all the (almost) invisible people. i i HIGHLY recommend NOT being human when you go in there. that area is basically the designated PvP/invade spot. you WILL get invaded at most levels. and chances are, anyone invading in this area knows what they are doing and is usually well specced and equipped to PvP. also its almost instant in some cases.

Some of it depends on what level you are. At the lower end, it tends to be more brutal since most of those you're facing are those who either cheat, are twinked (high end equipment on a low level character), or are experienced in PvP. At the 120-140 range, most of the twinks can't overcome the stat advantage, and the majority you see are those who are of reasonable skill, but not that great (usually those who are nearing the end of their first play-through and are wanting to snag the ring of fog for an easier run through Anor Londo when combined with Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring). The matchmaker for the invading player still works within 10+10% of your level below, but is unlimited above, so the invading player is almost always matched with someone around their level, or significantly above, so by the time you hit that point about midway through NG+, you have a larger pool of people who are likely to invade you, and can usually get someone who kinda sucks. At lower levels though, expect a fight.

Well I think I've stumbled upon my first DS inducing rage scenario. I made it to Anor Londo today, and no matter what I do I cannot make it past those two silver knight archers right before the bonfire where Solaire is at. I've tried to lure them, snipe them, run straight into them, glitch them to commit suicide but after roughly two hours of trying I'm still stuck.

I've watched some different videos on how to defeat them but I've exhausted all of the strategies I've seen. Did anyone else find this part of the game extremely frustrating? I feel like the only way I'll be able to get passed them is to somehow get lucky.

Well I think I've stumbled upon my first DS inducing rage scenario. I made it to Anor Londo today, and no matter what I do I cannot make it past those two silver knight archers right before the bonfire where Solaire is at. I've tried to lure them, snipe them, run straight into them, glitch them to commit suicide but after roughly two hours of trying I'm still stuck.

I've watched some different videos on how to defeat them but I've exhausted all of the strategies I've seen. Did anyone else find this part of the game extremely frustrating? I feel like the only way I'll be able to get passed them is to somehow get lucky.

That almost made me give up, lol. Good memories.

I eventually beat that area by sniping them. Between the knights being elite and the distance being so great, it took me about a half hour to whittle down one of them. Once one was down, the other was easy. It was nerve wracking while it lasted though, and one mistake would have killed me. It's a tough strategy that requires a little luck and a lot of timing.

My brother had a much easier time. He used the ring of fog and the slumbering dragoncrest ring to simply walk up to them. I didn't know that was possible when I faced them. :(

Here's my tip:

Run up close, or use stealth to get close. You may need to try a couple times, but it's not too hard to avoid their attacks long enough to get close to them. Once you're close, make sure to kill the one on the left first. If you reach him, you can fight him using the tower/flying buttress as cover. If you try to fight the one on the right first, you'll be getting hit from two directions.

Edited by Rennn

Here's my tip:

Run up close, or use stealth to get close. You may need to try a couple times, but it's not too hard to avoid their attacks long enough to get close to them. Once you're close, make sure to kill the one on the left first. If you reach him, you can fight him using the tower/flying buttress as cover. If you try to fight the one on the right first, you'll be getting hit from two directions.

I've been thinking of casting Iron Flesh and seeing if that would help in approaching the one on the left first. I think once he is down I should be able to make it to the right one and get rid of him without too much trouble.

I'm confused on how people are able to snipe these guys. No matter what I do I'm not quick enough to aim where I'd be able to hit them from behind the wall there. I think running toward them would be my best bet.