Look human while Hollow?

RetroNutcase

If there's one thing I hated about Dark Souls, it was the Hollow Form. From a gameplay perspective I didn't mind it, but appearance wise, it looks ugly as sin. At least with Soul Form in Demon's Souls you still looked like yourself, just...A soul instead of a physical body. With Dark Souls, you look like an ugly, shriveled corpse. I could care less about the gameplay mechanics of Human vs Hollow. If anything I wouldn't want to change those, as it would ruin the game.

However, a way to look human while Hollow would be nice, for those of us who like looking at our characters, but stay out of Human form to avoid invasions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the way there in my game, there's a single stubborn normals map (female face highest LoD) holding out though. It would also appear that hollows will retain blacked out eyeballs no matter what, and the hollowed models do use a different UV mapping layout than human.

If I ever nail that one I'll let you know =Q

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on this all day actually but I'm not having much luck locating the normal maps. The textures are one thing but if you leave the vanilla normals over top of the textures it still looks like pretty gnarly and hollowed out. Does anyone know of an easy way to view thumbnail previews of .TGA files? If someone can locate or just tell me the file names of the hollow normal maps I can do this, but the tex_dump folder gets filled with hundreds of files with no thumbnails and I'm not sorting through all those one by one.

EDIT: I think I've found them. I'm not sure about the correct way to go about modifying textures that are deformed to be wrapped around a mesh like these are, but I have google on my side and I'm determined to figure this out.

Edited by chilaxed

Just as information, a free program called XnConvert (among others) offers batch conversion from .tga to your choice of format (probably .png), it can make browsing texture dumps easier for systems that won't preview .tga

Edit: Oh yeah, just as a note. Hollowed players use a different model to human, it's differently UV mapped and noticeably skinnier. A perfect hollow fix won't be possible, but you could get very close.

Edited by Augh3d

• 2 years later...

Has anyone been working on this "issue" lately? I just got the game and I really hate that I didn't know about the whole human means you get invaded thing when I bought it. So I want my character to not be all withered and "pruned". Would like to look exactly the same (model and texture) in both forms. I have no idea where to even start to attempt it myself and I doubt I have the aptitude to learn how.