Restore the desecrated Chapels after KOTN

malautomedonte

• 1 year later...

Hey, in the end I managed to solve the problem!

I re-ran the scripts which restore the chapels through a couple of console commands and everything is finally back to normal. Thank you for the tip though (I also tried what you suggested)!

I'm sorry to dig up this old thread, but I ran into a similar issue as you described, the difference being that only Bravils Chapel is still desecrated (the altars work though, and the new NPCs seem to be following their regular schedule). Also, I do not use the Oblivifall mod.

Would you mind sharing the scripts that fixed your problem? I'd like to try and see if it will fix my issue. Thank you very much. :smile:

You can also pick up the cell references of the disabled and enabled elements and de-activate/re-activate them with a script or setstage codes.

Thanks for the reply! So I did some trial and error and apparently the problem started the moment I entered the Chapel Hall down the stairs inside the Chapel of Mara in Bravil. Before I entered, the Chapel was in its normal state. When I entered the Chapel Hall, it was destroyed and Olava the Fairs dead body was lying there. I was a bit confused but thought nothing of it. But when I exited the Chapel Hall again, suddenly the Chapel was turned back to its desecrated state! :confused:

So I guess some sort of bug with the Chapel Hall re-activated the script that turns the chapel to its desecrated state? Maybe it is because between the trigger that happened after the Nature's Fury Quest that caused the Bravil Chapel attack and the end of the KotN questline, I never entered that particular Chapel Hall once...

Anyway, as long as I find no fix for this problem, I simply will use an older save and NEVER enter that dang Chapel Hall again! :laugh:

Edited by sUXN