Vortex refuses to install mods imported from NMM

Heavyoak
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Ive finally gotten around to updating from NMM to vortex, but the biggest issue that I am having is that no matter how many times I import my mods using the import function it will not install them or list them as mods that can be managed. all of the mods are still in the data folder, and are still recognized by the skyrim launcher, so the only problem here is vortex not working.

I checked "AppData\Roaming\Vortex\downloads\skyrim" and everything is there from the import, so its getting everything correctly from NMM.

the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data" are unchanged.

âwhat is the problem?

• Solution

Did you follow the tutorial and remove the mods with NMM first?

it doesn't say anything about doing that: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Importing_mods_from_NMM

Sorry, I meant "Disable"

"If one or several mods are currently installed via NMM, Vortex will now prompt you to launch NMM and disable the mods as shown in the animation."

NMM has a bad habit of corrupting teh XML file that Vortex needs to read, in order to import the NMM install, so it's actually better to just start over at this point

Did you follow the tutorial and remove the mods with NMM first?

it doesn't say anything about doing that: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Importing_mods_from_NMM

Sorry, I meant "Disable"

"If one or several mods are currently installed via NMM, Vortex will now prompt you to launch NMM and disable the mods as shown in the animation."

NMM has a bad habit of corrupting teh XML file that Vortex needs to read, in order to import the NMM install, so it's actually better to just start over at this point

well that fixed most of my problems.