Heavy Traffic ×

[LE] Can I rename a script in the CK for LE?

As the title suggests, I'm running LE and trying to rename a script in the CK, but I don't know how.

The reason I want to rename the script is that I'm trying to replicate the steps here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnt9RzFIic&t=275s.

In the video, the author (who is using SE) edits a script name by editing a text string, but in the LE equivalent, it doesn't appear to be as easy to do this.

Can anyone give me some help?

Go to your psc. script file in the data folder.

Rename the script as you would rename any file by right click on it and click rename in the side menu.

Open the script.

Change the script name in the first line after where it says "Scriptname" to the same name you chose above. Save and Close.

Open CK and your mod where you will apply the script and choose the Gameplay Tap.

Choose Papyrus Script Manager.

Click to highlight the script you renamed, then right click and click on compile.

Edited by NexBeth

In the video example, they are not renaming the script itself. Rather they are changing the stored data in a text string property. The steps shown in CK SE should be identical to those in CK LE.

Oh..... OK, there's a bit of an issue then because the relevant field in the SE version of MHIYH isn't in the LE version.