Is it possible to have the GECK record desktop audio?

bananakillerBRO

Hello!

I'm still working on my large mod, and I was wondering if it was possible to have the GECK record desktop audio? The reason I ask this is because there's well over 1000 lines of dialogue planned, and using the copy-paste method in the files doesn't seem practice. On top of that I doubt I have the necessary brain power to not f*#@ it up.

Howdy with the new avatar ... mee too .

What do you mean by desktop audio ?

But it kinda sounds like you are wanting something akin to the auto navmesher for dialogue audio ?

And with that request (if it is the case) have to say " Are you serious with that" ?

But let's back the truck up and start with your immediate problem.

Lots of text lines with no audio/lip file ?

The GECK will technically record from any standard windows audio source. The problem that you are going to run into is that most sound drivers these days don't export the main audio as an audio device that the GECK can record from. If your sound driver can do it, then the GECK can do it. It's often referred to as some sort of loopback device in the sound driver options and it is usually disabled by default.

Note that the lip generator is missing in the GECK as it ships. If you haven't already done so, you can copy the lip generator from either Oblivion or Skyrim, or you can download this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61248/?

Ey Mkta, nice profile pic.

So, it is possible to have the GECK get recordings from the desktop, that's good. How would I go about setting up the GECK's input settings? When I go to config in the GECK, it only brings up my headset mic and my Primary Sound Driver. How should I go about this?

What is the GECK calling your primary sound driver? Is that your sound card's output? What happens if you try to record from that?

If that doesn't work, then go into your sound driver settings and look for something called loopback or something similar to enable. If you can get it to show up in the GECK then you can use it.