Morrowind May Modathon Month 2020 - A Modding Competition for the Community!
May 1st - June 1st!
Looking to participate? Use the Modathon Logo in your mod description!
- Feed the Animals By RedFurryDemon and OperatorJack
- Speed Boost By OperatorJack
- OperatorJack's Deleveler By OperatorJack and RedFurryDemon
- Living with Caius By OperatorJack
- Circinates By OperatorJack
- Druscashti Overhaul By Jsp25
- Galerion's Tools By OperatorJack
- inom - Main menu replacers - HD and 4k By isNaN
- Francisco Goya's Tapestry Cartoons for Morrowind By WangtorioJackson
- Keg Drip By Melchior Dahrk and Greatness7
- Creeping Blight By Necrolesian
- Resdayn Revival - Bitter Coast By Resdayn Revival Team - Zobator
- More splash screens - people of Vvardenfell By Endify
- R-Zero's TES Construction Tools By R-Zero
- Naked and Alone By Petethegoat and Lucevar
- Let There Be Darkness - Lua Lighting Overhaul By RedFurryDemon, OperatorJack, Merlord, Greatness7 and PetetheGoat
- Security Success Info By KindiEquiNox
- Random Enchantment Encounters Expanded Enhanced By Stripes
- Hostages By Gavrilo93
- Vivec Docks By Hraefngar
- inom - Splash screen replacers - HD and 4k By isNaN and Alexey Rudikov
- Legion at the Siege of Firemoth By Endoran
- OpenMW Load Order Converter By SilentNightxxx
- SM_Replace_Wickwheat By ShadowMimicry
- A Simple Bag of Holding By Stripes
- Assetless No Glow By NullCascade
- Esroniet By GrumblingVomit
- Interior Door for Telvanni Bump Maps By Hraefngar
- Chitin Weapons Retexture By Anroha
- Rather Nice Factor's Estate By Atrayonis
- Ald Velothi Fast Travel By Dagoth Slayer
- Ashes Of The Skilled By TheDapperGuar
- Icarian Power By TheDapperGuar
- The Grand Pharos By Dagoth Slayer
- Shrines of Vvardenfell By Vingamer
- Scampified Ghorak Manor By TheDapperGuar
- NOM MC Integration By Abot
- Ominous Akulakhan By OttoMatic
- TESV Health and Magicka Regen By JosephBas
- No More Ok By TheDapperGuar
- The Last of the Redas Family By Gavrilo93
- Consistent Keys By Necrolesian
- SpyMastersLegacy By TheDapperGuar
- F.A.S.T. By Stripes
- F.A.T. By Stripes
- Peaceful Pets By Danae and NullCascade
- 6th House Robe By Hraefngar
- Pianobadger's Class Mod By Pianobadger
- Miscast Enhanced By OperatorJack
- Pacifist Options - When it Makes Sense By Gavrilo93
- Todd Howard main menu replacer By Endify
- HUD Weapon Charge By Virnetch
- Less Cancerous Bonewalkers By TheDapperGuar
- It's A Deal By Petethegoat and Von Djangos
- Portable Homes OpenMW script override By Atrayonis
- Actually Unlimited Skeleton Key By Remiros
- Soulful Sleepers By TheDapperGuar
- Ladder and Climbing for OpenMW By KindiEquiNox
- Dartboards Expanded By Usteeva, Lucevar, Danae
- Stendarr's Hammer Redux By Cylur
- Heart of the Velothi - Gnisis By The Heart of the Velothi Team
- Camonna Tong But Angrier By TheDapperGuar
- Velothi Tower Player Home - Mababi Overhaul By Revenorror
- Ghastly Glowyfence By Wazabear
- Khajiit Ingredients Merchants Sell Moon Sugar By Veemon3449
- Early Transport to Mournhold By Necrolesian
- Douse the Lights By OperatorJack
- Calmer Slaughter Fish By TheDapperGuar
- Quest Rank Requirements By Pianobadger
- Chameleon By Danae and NullCascade
- Calmer Cliff Racer By TheDapperGuar
- Physical Wellness By Stripes
- FMI - Gavrilo's Package By Gavrilo93
- Nerfed Arrile By TheDapperGuar
- A House in Saint Delyn By TaiyakaJade
- Balmora Rooftop Apartments By WulfShaman
- Named Mudcrab Merchant By TheDapperGuar
- Timely Escape By JaceyS
- Skill Progress Record ( OpenMW ) By KindiEquiNox
- Cover Yourself By Merzasphor
- Fligg's Slave Mod - Loyalty By Deylendor
- No More Free Daedric Weapon By TheDapperGuar
- Morvayn Manor in Maar Gan By Gavrilo93
- Infected Wounds By RamblingMonk
- Skill Increase GMST Fix By Merzasphor
- Balmora Thieves Guild By KindiEquiNox
- Wondering Caves By Tel Shadow
- Hallowed Ends By Tel Shadow
- The Secret Cave By Tel Shadow
- Unspoken Ancestral Tomb By Tel Shadow
- The Cursed Tomb By Tel Shadow
- The Enchanted Delves By Tel Shadow
- Cursed Crypt By Tel Shadow
- The Ghost Pits By Tel Shadow
- Hopeless Tomb By Tel Shadow
- Double Trouble By Tel Shadow
- Balmora Outpost By Tel Shadow
- Better Endgame Rings By TheDapperGuar
- Transporter Lights By KindiEquiNox
- Ownership Overhaul By Necrolesian
- Immersive Fatigue By Stripes
- The Redemption of Vodunius Nuccius By Dagoth Slayer
- Lore-Friendly Bal Molagmer Gloves By Gavrilo93
- MWSE Blood Diversity By Anumaril21
- Galom Daeus Overhaul By Jsp25
- Hotkeys Extended By Virnetch
- Character Rebalance and Standardization Revisited By Trackah
- Sarandas Family Hearth By Endoran
- 3E 427 A Space Odyssey By OperatorJack and Gavrilo93
- Light of Fyr By TheDapperGuar
- Passing Time While Reading - MWSE Lua version By Abot
- Fargoth the Mini Merchant By TheDapperGuar
- Local Lore - Silt Striders and Caravaners By Kilcunda
- Astronomia Death Replacer By TheDapperGuar
- Improved Vanilla Leveling By Merzasphor
- Worth its Weight -- Gold Weight via MWSE-Lua By JaceyS
- Pristine Dwemer Crossbow By TheDapperGuar
- Better ReShade - OpenMW and TES3MP By WalksOnWater
- Essential NPC Modifiers By Anumaril21
- More character backgrounds for Merlord's character backgrounds By isNaN
- The Rack and Ruin By Stripes
- Vivec Cantons Reconnected By Dagoth Slayer
- Tomb of the Dead By Tel Shadow
- Buried Tomb By Tel Shadow
- Blades Informant By Gavrilo93
- Wind Tombs By Tel Shadow
- Scrib Merchant By TheDapperGuar
- Hollowed Ancestral Tomb By Tel Shadow
- The Desolated Tomb By Tel Shadow
- The Shrine Defenders By Tel Shadow
- Tomb of the Fallen By Tel Shadow
- Well Replaced By Tel Shadow
- Tranquility By Tel Shadow
- Oof By Endify
- Oblivion Level Up Sound By TheDapperGuar
- Fixed Journal Next Button By Krobotnik
- Boots of Blinding Speed 2020 By Tel Shadow
- Refined Daedric Crescent By Tel Shadow
- More Companions (OpenMW) By KindiEquiNox
- Dwarven Specter Drop Dwarven Goods By TheDapperGuar
- Class-Conscious Character Progression By Necrolesian
- Mistify By Melchior Dahrk
- Morrowind Native Overhaul By ThatGuar
- TheDapperGuar By TheDapperGuar
- Dwemer Teleportation Box By OperatorJack
- Neo Combat By OEA
- More Realistic Mineral Weights And Prices By TheDapperGuar
- Misc Mates By Merlord
- The Law is Sacred By JaceyS
- Gan Darom Ruins By Tel Shadow
- Better Starter Dagger By TheDapperGuar
- MWSE Magicka Regen By Anumaril21
- MWSE State-Based Health By Necrolesian
- Khurduhn By Tel Shadow
- Van Buldohr By Tel Shadow
- Concept Art Palace By NobuRed
- Races Retweaked for OpenMW By Cybernyde
- Cursed Item Random Summon By KindiEquiNox
- Stronger Summoned Atronachs By Tel Shadow
- Wild Goblins By Stripes
- Fargoth Intervention By OperatorJack and Gavrilo93
- Home in Ebonheart Chargen by Caeris and Gavrilo93
- Hidden Imperial Armor By Tel Shadow
- Vivec Temple Exterior Overhaul By Dmettler
- Azura's Jar By APSS SPECTRUM
- Circumstances of their Birth By Drackolus
- Take a Hike By Necrolesian
- Bal Molagmer Add-on By Gavrilo93
- Daedric Intervention Spell By OperatorJack and Danae
- Mechanical Manor Complete By Tenner
- One of a Kind Weapons - Morrowind By GuineFort1
- Top Me Up By ThatGuar
- Practice Makes Perfect By Necrolesian
- Pass the Time By Necrolesian
- Heart of Lorkhan Merchant plus Corprus Meat Rebalance By Gavrilo93
- Harder Start By TheDapperGuar
- Morrowind Battle Royale By Testman
- Rise of House Telvanni - 2.0 By Mort
- Shadow of Colossus By Tel Shadow
- Integrated Scrapped Weapons By TheDapperGuar
- Value Rebalance By TheDapperGuar
- Creature Aggro Adjustments By TheDapperGuar
- An Abandoned Shack Expansion By Discontinuous Qualia
- Clean Hlaalo Manor Bedroom By Endify
- Duke's Throne Room Overhaul By Gavrilo93
- Berandas Overhaul By Seelof
- Hot For NPCs By Stripes
- Backalley House By Endify
- Sheogorad - Groves of the North By Tapetenklaus
- Glowing Ghosts By Sataniel
- Brujoloco's Common Robe Texture Replacer By Brujoloco
- Daggerfall Style Sorcerers By ThatGuar
- Hiring Guards for the Redoran Stronghold - Honorable Solution By Gavrilo93
- Misc Changes and Addons By TheDapperGuar
- The Ruins of Mzak By Vingamer
- The Guar Whisperer By Merlord
- Arantamo's room By Endify
- Nimble Armor By VitruvianGuar
- Morrowind Mouse Control By Cpassuel
- AURA By Tewlwolow
- Rethinking Vivec By Atrayonis
- (Slightly Less) Dramatic Vivec - Temple By Dagoth Slayer
- Aleft Overhaul By Jsp25
- Velothi Towers Overhaul By Tel Shadow
- Silt Strider Courier By Lucevar and Gavrilo93
- Call Incarnate By OperatorJack and Gavrilo93
- Accidental Theft Protection By Merlord
- Tetra the Pack Guar By Tizzo
- Black-Heart Blight Gimp By Necrolesian
- Grandfather Frost By Necrolesian
- Essential Indicators By Anumaril21
- Sunken Tower By Pianobadger
- Quest Skill Reward Fix By Merzasphor
- Better Questlist By Virnetch
- LDM - Context Matters By Lucevar
- The Lifeless Lair By TheDapperGuar and Tel Shadow
- Shrine Tooltips By Virnetch
- Solstheim Mage Tower Lite for VSW By Stripes
- Shrine of Azura By Endoran
- Synthesis Series - Creatures and Diseases By Half11
- The Plumed Mountain By ProfArmitage
- Mesh Snatcher By PeteTheGoat
- Daggerfall Style Backgrounds By ThatGuar
- Immortal Divayth Fyr By TheDapperGuar
- Lonely Retreat By KindiEquiNox
- Temreki Replacer By KindiEquiNox
- Dynamic Timescale By Necrolesian
- mtrPermanentQuestCorpsesRandomizer By MTR
- mtrByTheDivines By MTR
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say." - J.R.R. Tolkien
In the early days of May 2002, a little game came out called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, a little known series, but it would go on to save Bethesda from bankruptcy, sell millions of copies, and become the most popular game for modding at the turn of the century. For most games, that would be where the story ends, but the greatest games never die, and Morrowind continues to live on, not just surviving, but thriving, and 18 years later is home to a growing modding community that continues to build new worlds, craft new adventures, and create new experiences for this amazing game, with over 1000 new mods released last year alone!
Now today, in order to celebrate the 18th Anniversary of this truly remarkable and one-of-a-kind game that we all know and love, we're once again hosting a May Modathon Month, the 6th Annual Modding Competition for the community, which has become the largest annual modding competition in the entire TES modding scene! Throughout the entire month of May, participating modders on the Nexus , The Assimilation Lab and GHF who submit Morrowind mods could get a chance to win indie or AAA games each week. Likewise, all participating mods will be entered to win the Mod of the Month Award, with a ton of games as a prize!
Not only that, but all winners will get trailers, special showcases, and numerous video features on Morrowind Modding Showcases. And the winner of the Mod of the Month award will naturally get featured in our Mod of the Month series, celebrating the best mods released for Morrowind each month. Not only that, but this year we're once again handing out achievements, little badges that you can unlock and plug into your mod download pages!
Last year's Modathon surpassed the 2018 Modathon to become the biggest modding competition ever held for an Elder Scrolls game, with 240 mods submitted by 81 different modders, and with your help, we can make this year an even bigger success! The best games never die, so let's make Morrowind better than ever before with tons of new mods!
Once again this year, we're including achievements that you can earn and unlock by releasing mods! These are little badges that you can plug into your mod download pages, and we have over 70 achievements that you can unlock! Release a quest mod? Achievement Unlocked! Get over 100 downloads? Achievement Unlocked! See the full list of achievements down below. Some of these achievements are rare or unique, others are common, and still more are hidden and can only be unlocked by accident or chance. Try and collect as many as you can and become a Modding Master of Madness!
Full Achievement List:
Ruby and Gold Achievements:
- Champion of Madness - Sheogorath Mastery - Have a Mod named Modathon Mod of the Month
- Chance's Folly - Get second place in the Mod of the Month. So close, yet so far.
- The People's Choice - Vivec Mastery - Most Endorsed Mod
- Numbers Matter - Jim Stacey Mastery - Most Downloaded Mod
- Army of One - Divayth Mastery - Most Prolific Modder
- Panel Pleaser - Crassius Curio Mastery - Highest Overall Judge Preference Score
- Of Course I'm An Expert - Neloth Mastery - Highest Overall Creativity Score
- The Prophecy Foretold - Azura Mastery - Win the Mod of the Month and achieve the most endorsements out of any mod
- Emperor, King, and Justice, Citizen - The Imperial Legion Mastery - Achieve the highest cumulative number of endorsements for all mods released for the Modathon
- A Warrior's Legacy - Umbra Mastery - Unlock all Silver and Copper Achievements
- Master of Madness - Earn the highest number of unique achievements
Rare (Silver) Achievements:
- A Show Of Power - Almalexia Mastery - Achieve at least 25 endorsements and 1000 downloads with a Modathon Mod
- You Are A Credit To Your House - Aryon Mastery - Achieve at least 25 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Cliff Racer Fly So High - Cliff Racer Mastery - Release at least 5 mods for the Modathon
- The Nine Divines - Akatosh Mastery - Release at least 9 mods for the Modathon
- Lesh Make A Deal - Mudcrab Merchant Mastery - Achieve over 1000 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Destined for Great Things - Barenziah Mastery - Achieve 1000 combined downloads for all mods released for the Modathon
- Cult of Personality - Sanguine Mastery - Achieve 50 combined endorsements for all mods released for the Modathon
Uncommon (Copper) Achievements:
- Let Me Tell You A Story - Larrius Varro Mastery - Achieve at least 10 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Triple Threat - Naked Nords Mastery - Release at least 3 mods for the Modathon
- I'm Creeping! - Creeper Mastery - Achieve over 100 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Jack-Of-All-Trades - Caius Cosades Mastery - Release a mod for Modathon that covers at least four categories (e.g. landmass, quests, player homes, etc...)
- Double Trouble - Release at least 2 mods for the Modathon
- No N'Wah Allowed - Release a mod using only vanilla assets
- Adventures Await - Release a Quest Mod for the Modathon
- New Horizons - Release a Landmass Mod for the Modathon
- Im-Leet and Rolf the Uber - Release a Companion Mod for the Modathon
- I Like the Way You Look - Release a Graphics Mod for the Modathon
- Morrowind is Home - Release a House Mod for the Modathon
- Cluttermonkey - Release an Items Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Tweak That - Release a Gameplay Mod for the Modathon
- The Only Game In Town - Release a Town Mod for the Modathon
- Better Take A Torch - Release a Dungeon Mod for the Modathon
- These Boots Are Ruined! - Release a Creature Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Immerse You - Release an Immersion Mod for the Modathon
- The Energies That Animate - Release an Animation Mod for the Modathon
- Test of Loyalty - Update or Finish an Incomplete Mod for the Modathon (Previously Uploaded Mods Only)
- Papers, Please - Release a CharGen Mod for the Modathon
- The Choice Is Yours - Release a quest mod with more than one outcome option
- Apprentice Of The Clockwork God - Release a mod which uses MWSE for the Modathon
- You and I Are About to Become Very Close - Cooperate with at least one other modder to release a Modathon Mod
- Novice of Madness - Release a mod in your first Modathon
- Veteran of Madness - Release a mod in two or more Modathons
- CHIMming It - Release a mod in three or more Modathons
- It's Always Better Together - Release a TES3MP Mod for the Modathon
- Open Possibilities - Release an OpenMW Mod for the Modathon
- The Lusty Argonian Maid - Release a Resource for the Community
- Ahh Yes, We've Been Expecting You - Release a Mod on May 1st
- May The Fourth Be With You - Release a Mod on May 4th
- May The Ides Be Ever In Your Favor - Release a Mod on May 15th
- Cutting It Close - Release a Mod on June 1st
- The Hope of the Redoran - ???
- Ice And Chitin - ???
- Odd Rumor - ???
- Breathing Water - ???
- We're Watching You, Scum! - ???
- What's Mine is Mine - ???
- Exterminator - ???
- Fetcher! - Release a quest mod which requires the player to fetch something
- Literacy Campaign - ???
- Gotta Join Them All - ???
- Fargoth's Hiding Place - Release a quest mod in Seyda Neen
- Disappearance of the Dwarves - Release a mod dealing with the Dwemer
- Back For Another Round - Release two mods in the same category
- Bitter Recriminations - ???
- Blinding Speed - Release a mod which increases the player's speed
- Cloudcleaver - ???
- Dreams and Visions - ???
- Fundamental Attributes - ???
- The Good Daedra - ???
- Improve My Effectiveness - Release a mod which qualifies for at least 5 achievements upon initial release
- Initiation Rite - Release your first mod in any category across all your public mod releases
- Lifeless Ones - ???
- Material Gains - ???
- Meow - ???
- Moving Corpses - ???
- Oneness - ???
- Practice Your Skills - ???
- Prepare for Battle - Release a mod which adds new types of weapons and/or armor
- Preserve the Peace - Release a mod which allows the player to choose a pacifist path
Participation and How it Works:
You can participate by leaving a short note in the mod description page of your mod at Morrowind Nexus, The Assimilation Lab and GHF that includes "Part of the May Modathon Month" somewhere near the top of the description or use the "Modathon 2020" tag to mark your mod as a competition entry.
Every week two to three different modders will be selected at random to win a single AAA or Indie game, and the way this works is that we'll compose a list of all participating mods released that week, plug them into a random number generator, and the top three results we get back will be the winners for that week.
If you win in one of these weekly drawings, I'll send you a message on the Nexus, GHF, TAL, or some other forum board notifying you that you've won and providing a list of games you can choose from as your prize. We have about 200 games to give away, so hopefully you'll find something you want on there!
The second way you can win is through the grand prize, the mod of the month award with 5~8 games as prizes. This award is determined by our judges who'll be going through and rating each mod in the entire event on a simple numerical scale.
The scale they'll be using can be found below:
- 4 Points for Mod Creativity or Innovation (Does the mod demonstrate ingenuity; creative use of mod tools, game assets, scripted events, resources, etc; new solution(s) to challenge(s) and/or subject(s)?)
- 4 Points for Judge Preference (How well the judges liked the mod)
- 2 Points for Mod Functionality (Cleaning, Works, Are there bugs?)
The total points possible for any mod is 30, or a 10 out of 10 from each judge. In the event of a tie, we should have enough games to go around for all. Indeed, we have over 200 games in stock to give away, so if you collaborate on a mod with someone else, regardless of which of the two ways you can win, everyone involved will still get something for their efforts.
Overall this competition and giveaway is pretty easy to understand, and there aren't a whole lot of rules involved, but there are a few things we should clear up just in case.
First, all types of mods are perfectly acceptable. From texture replacers to gameplay tweaks to content mods like house mods, quest mods, or dungeon mods. All of those are fine and will be accepted for the competition! The only kind of mod that will NOT be accepted is cheat mods, i.e. placing a barrel full of loot in the middle of Seyda Neen or placing a Daedric longsword in the Census and Excise Office. Cheat mods like that will not be considered for the competition.
Also, we accept both tes3mp and OpenMW mods, as well as MWSE Lua mods! Regardless of which platform your mod is designed to work with, all will be accepted!
Second, all submitted mods must be, at least for the most part, safe for work. Questionable content is acceptable so long as it isn't the entire mod, remember we have to showcase these and we can't showcase adult-themed mods on the channel!
Also, it should be pointed out that for larger mod projects, you can submit a demo or playable beta of your mod as part of the competition and it'll be perfectly acceptable. I do need to stress that it must absolutely be playable though. Any mod that crashes to desktop upon loading the game will not be considered.
Remember, this only applies to mods released in May, so let's all get to modding and make this the 18th Anniversary that Morrowind deserves!
If you don't know how to mod, check out our Let's Mod Morrowind series for a visual guide to modding - including interiors, basic scripting, and quest design.
If you have any questions about this event, please leave a comment or send me a message!
Want to check out our past Modathons? You can find playlists of the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Modathon competitions down below!
- Modathon 2015 - The First Annual Modathon - 15 Mods Released
- Modathon 2016 - The Second Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
- Modathon 2017 - The Third Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
- Modathon 2018 - The Fourth Annual Modathon - 89 Mods Released
- Modathon 2019 - The Fifth Annual Modathon - 240 Mods Released
Edited by darkelfguy, 02 June 2020 - 04:29 PM.