VORTEX Profiles questions

hogash90

Hello.
Do Vortex profiles REALLY prevents the presence of the mods installed in another profile?
I mean, i want a RPG-like profile, a ROGUELIKE profile and a TOTAL OVERHAUL profile.
Is it possible or the Vortex have issues?

(i don't have manual installed mods or .ini or else stuff modified so the vortex cannot recognise)

I use Vortex and have a few different profiles, and mods that I have in one profile are not present in another unless I install them to said profile. But a word of warning when making new profiles, when I first activated the profiles and made a second I was in the middle of a playthrough and my saves were deleted and had to start a new game. I was a ticked off to say the least, but it was my own fault for not doing the research first and just jumping right in ( I tend to do that a lot LOL). Not sure if you could backup your save folder and just drop them in after the profile is created but I assume you can because i have swapped saves around in the profiles folders that vortex makes,

(located where your save files are mine are eg: C:\Users\Danielle\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\NYVc-ijfb ). NYVc-ijfb being the name of a profile. Everytime you switch a profile it totally redeploys all your mods.

Hope this helps.

I use Vortex and have a few different profiles, and mods that I have in one profile are not present in another unless I install them to said profile. But a word of warning when making new profiles, when I first activated the profiles and made a second I was in the middle of a playthrough and my saves were deleted and had to start a new game. I was a ticked off to say the least, but it was my own fault for not doing the research first and just jumping right in ( I tend to do that a lot LOL). Not sure if you could backup your save folder and just drop them in after the profile is created but I assume you can because i have swapped saves around in the profiles folders that vortex makes,

(located where your save files are mine are eg: C:\Users\Danielle\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\NYVc-ijfb ). NYVc-ijfb being the name of a profile. Everytime you switch a profile it totally redeploys all your mods.

Hope this helps.

Wow...I'm really glad I clicked on this.

Seriously.

I had read a few posts about profiles recently and was beginning to get interested in the idea of being able to create different vectors with different modlists....Sounded great! And now I accidentally discover that had I leapt in, I'd have faced the same. And I doubt I'd have been quite a stoic.

So... now that you've enabled the feature, (after the initial deletion) does the game allow saves from both profiles without deleting one profile's (A) saves when switching to another profile (B)?

I suspect you're right that archiving the saves would have allowed bringing them back in later... question is, does this happen over and over?