Mod Project: " 3 kingdoms" Empire (sub-culture faction) : W.i.P.

BadgerBrownCoat

Greetings from the "Throw your DAMN Pila" modder:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2078854672

Working on project to represent the 3 Empire sub-factions as "sub-cultures" based on Eastern Roman (byzantine if you like ) "themes" or recruitment areas ( strategos )
This is to represent the tendency to regional differences in recruitment based on changing experience and local traditions, and allows representing each having taken or created an administrative 'section' as happened several times in Roman history.

So far, "West" is being represented by Bullero's Late Roman Army (IV-V centuries) Troop Tree redesigns.
( https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/563 ) .

And I'm hoping to expand to other Imperial "Kingdom" mods that might represent the remaining two "kingdoms", or minor vassal / mercenary factions associated with the Empire- client states for example, or The Lost Legion.

I'd like to look at this as "their" mod, I am simply here to facilitate and make a smooth combination.

Contact me if you're interested.

Edited by BadgerBrownCoat

Hey go ahead and use anything, hope your mod will be a huge success.

Good luck!

Comrade - well-named then, aren't you?

Very well- and also, excellent.

I suppose the real Eastern Roman tradition was so heavily influenced by battles with the Sassanids and the Eastern peoples; that they perhaps would best serve as "South Empire"- facing the Aserai and Khuzait.

Empress Rhagaea seems like she might already be heavily inspired by Theodora.

So: Unless you have a preference; your excellent " Eastern Roman Troop Tree " units will be well placed there, I suspect.

Blub; those are just- damn fine. I love the feel.
i've come to realize that wokring on the sub-culture aspect of this - for this it's pretty stright-forward;
but the implications - and some of the unused assets and placeholders;
made me realize ...
I think there's more about to hit the "official" in-game fan - which only makes sense, so much placeholder in game-

I'm puzzled - i want to use them because it's beautiful work - very "theme" -
but I'm not ure as one of the " 3 kingdoms" ( even calling it that hints at what I think TW was plannin g- but i digress )

unless you have a strong feeling of they should be an empire faction;
how does placing them as a "minor faction" - a holdout if you will;
an un-fallen, un-absorbed Polis / city-state perhaps?

not a huge hcnage and i'm already compiling lists o their unused, perhaps placeholder sub-cultures that are making me think I've guessed where this is all going.

I just don't want to "spit in your face" by calling it a minor faction in this context- on other hand I'm not sure th empire sub-factions "fit" .
Thoughts?

post-script:
themeatically; I'm taking alot of inspiration from Dan Carlin ( hardcore history:decline of the western roman empire ) -

and I'm trying to set that to fit with vanilla game's "lore " setting- " the empire was destroyed by tribes" - which I think, not just in "3 kingdoms' as a name ( a sthey calle dthe 3 empire factions )- but in some of the 'hint'; they were inspired by the Han dynasty's fall into the 3 kingdoms -
these are vaguely similar anyway , and both cultures are I think still shaped by "the great empire that was" and a 'dark age' or not s dark age.

On that note; I found this- neat little summary of stuff i keep looking up and 1/2 remember this or that detail-
but this sums up what i think is an ideal "comparison" for the in-game "era" despite it's many anachronisms ( historical fantasy, def not history game )

If you're interested, this might get afeel for how I'm trying to make the included mods "communicate" - and as you see; there's definitely room in this for "hold outs"
and- again to use the Han example- already we have regions acting like local warlords. (fits both TW's in-game story *and* where i was going with sub-factions / minor factions )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT5Cv2uZgd8