Tarot cards replacer

Hello everyone!

Is it possible to create a mod, which will replace default/romance tarot cards for companions? For example, replace default Solas's card, which we can view on the party selection screen, with one of the other existing or any fan-made cards. There are a lot of awesome tarot cards, which has the same size like in-game cards, and, to my mind, it will be great to import it into the game. The same thought about war table tarot cards.

Thank you for attention. Waiting for a miracle.

p.s.: examples are attached.

upd: I've never used mod tools for DA, but I will be happy to help with realization this idea, if someone will accept it.

Edited by Pantiley9775

It is possible but you or the modder you had in mind to make the cards would need permission from the artists that painted those tarot reimagingings beforehand as it would be art theft to make a mod without first getting their permission and crediting them too. I believe in dai mod maker there was some glitch where retextured tarot cards turned black, I wouldn't know as I never attempted it but I have heard of that issue though I know frosty does not have this problem.

I would recommend if you know the artist of those concepts you posted, you message them asking is it okay for such a mod to be made using their art - and credit where credit is due.

Edited by Dmitrias

It is possible but you or the modder you had in mind to make the cards would need permission from the artists that painted those tarot reimagingings beforehand as it would be art theft to make a mod without first getting their permission and crediting them too. I believe in dai mod maker there was some glitch where retextured tarot cards turned black, I wouldn't know as I never attempted it but I have heard of that issue though I know frosty does not have this problem.

I would recommend if you know the artist of those concepts you posted, you message them asking is it okay for such a mod to be made using their art - and credit where credit is due.

Hello! Thank your for the answer.
Indeed, asking artists for permission is one of the most important things, I will definitely do it. Before they agree, I'm going lo learn how to use Frosty, and I will use only in-game images for testing.
If someone is ready to assist me, please, let me now.

Okay. Most the textures you need seem to be under filepath UI > Static. You can filter for textures specifically by typing type:textureasset into the searchbar of frosty and hitting enter. You can add AND contains: [keyword] if you wanna search something more specific e.g type:textureasset AND contains:blackwall, but do note not everything will be named in an obvious way.

Ui > Static > Followers seems to contain the main party selection card textures.

Here are some other texture locations of some cards.

UI > Static > Codex contains the big tarot cards for codex entries. UI > Static > Codex > thumbnails is self explanatory, just smaller versions of the original codex card textures.

The rest you can probably find in the various subfolders of the base file location I said if you need any extras (Ui > Static.)

Edited by Dmitrias