white screen before going to skyhold

trxuvxille

guys im really new to moddding but i managed to make daimod and frosty mod working together in my first playthrough. The problem is that i can't get pass the white screen after talking to solas and the game was like freezing. How do i fix this? Do i have to uninstall all mods? If so, how do i uninstall all of them (daimods and frosty)

thanks in advance, sorry for bad english

I have never had this issue myself but have heard others have solved it by putting dragon age inquisition into windows fullscreen. You could also try downloading the skippable skyhold journey mod. I have heard others report that eye texture mods specifically caused that issue for them.

To disable frosty mods, if you want to disable all of them at once, simply do not launch your game from frosty mod manager, start your game from origin or it's desktop shortcut instead, just don't launch it from frosty. It won't load any mods from FMM this way.

To disable only some mods in frosty, what you want to do is in your applied mods list, left click on the checkbox next to the name of the mod you wish to disable. Then click the launch button near the top left corner and allow your mods to remerge.

If you are using the workaround to use both dai mod manager and frosty mod manager together, it will be slightly different process for disabling the mods from dai mod manager then usual.

So how you normally disable mods in dai mod manager is you open it up, and similar concept, double left click on the X mark next to the names of the mods you wish to disable. The x mark next to the name of the mod should go away, leaving the box next to it blank, which means it's no longer enabled. Then click the merge button in the bottom right corner.

If you want to disable all your mods at once and you have many mods in dai mod manager, I would reccomend just simply copying and pasting all your daimods from your dai mod manager mod folder elsewhere, then opening the mod manager and pressing merge as normal.

But if you are using the workaround to use both mod managers together, you can't remerge your daimods after this workaround process, you have to start again with original folders for dragon age inquisition. So you can either paste back your original Patch folder if you backed it up, or delete the renamed Patch_ModManagerMerge folder which would have been renamed to patch, and then repair your game with origin to retrieve the original patch folder. You will also need to delete the ModData folder which is the folder frosty generates when merging mods. That will be under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData. After this you may get an error that your saves were made with a different patch version, if so navigate to C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch > package.mft file, open it with a text editor and increase the patch number then save and repeat until your saves load. This will disable all your frosty mods and all your daimods, you can start the workaround process again as you see fit with fewer mods or some mods disabled to see does it help if you so wish.

Edited by Dmitrias