Frosty Mod Manager v1.0.5.9 Error!

IdunnaAvem

So I've been looking everywhere for a fix to this issue with no luck!

One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The issue here is I've started Frosty as admin. I've changed the permissions in properties and dragon age exe to start as admin. I've deleted and had a fresh install of Frosty, I've looked through these forums and there doesn't seem to be any kind of fix. Can anyone help before I implode?

• 2 weeks later...

If you can try moving frosty to another drive. Sometimes it has issues in C drive even when admin rights are applied to it. This is the only thing I can think of that you should try if you haven't already worked out a fix since the 6th

If already on another drive other than C try another if you have more than two. Sometimes admin rights can get screwy on certain hardrive setups. Or places like in documents, desktop or program file locations

Edited by Padme4000

• 6 months later...

If you can try moving frosty to another drive. Sometimes it has issues in C drive even when admin rights are applied to it. This is the only thing I can think of that you should try if you haven't already worked out a fix since the 6th

If already on another drive other than C try another if you have more than two. Sometimes admin rights can get screwy on certain hardrive setups. Or places like in documents, desktop or program file locations

Thanks a million Padme4000 - that worked perfectly for me along with setting the compatibility properties of the game (Mass Effect Andromeda) and Frosty Mod Manager to administrator.