new modder here, making progress, but running into a few issues

Fractalbase

Hi there. I've been playing vanilla Skyrim SE for years now and I recently decided to give modding a try. I initially tried modding Skyrim SE on my Xbox One console through the Bethesda workshop, but I ran into a lot of weirdness and crashes. I did some reading and I got the impression that attempting to heavily mod Skyrim SE on console or even through the Skyrim SE main menu is simply not a good idea. I did further reading and was hopeful about the advantages of modding directly on a PC, so I've started that.

I first tried Vortex for mod managment. I was confused about a few things initially, but after a while I was impressed with how quite good Vortex is with mod installation and management. Although I've run into some difficulty; for example, sometimes the suggested load order between two mods seems to be the opposite of what makes sense. And, rarely, I've encountered a left-over plugin after uninstalling a mod. A simple work around is simply to disable the plugin, but I'd prefer to have the plugin removed with an associated mod.

On to my issues with gameplay. I'm happy to say that I've successfully installed around 200 actives and have mostly a stable game. But I have run into a few issues.

1. When attempting to open the console with "~" during character creation (I'm using Alternate Start), I get an error "Item '########' was not found for parameter ObjectID" and them Skyrim SE halts, and the only way out is to kill it from task manager. Also, the mouse doesn't work during character creation, so I'm not able to use any of the clickable options from the top right.

2. There is an odd graphical error for female bodies during character creation only. What it looks like is the opposite of light reflecting off of diagonally-half of the female body, as if darkness was emanating from the mesh/texture. The darkness moves with the controller and also flickers. I've tried uninstalling any and all mods that have to due with light, graphical effects, or shading, but I'm stumped.

3. I got the one warning from SkyUI when loading the map for the first time about how map.swf is corrupt. I read about a simple work around to select to disable such warning messages. The map seems to work fine otherwise.

4. I have the dreaded problem where 50% of NPCs have an odd dark complexion covering their necks and faces. I'm completely boggled by this. I believe that I removed multiple conflicting mesh/texture/body/npc replacers from my load order, but I'm bewildered. There's a page on nexus about this issue, and a mod fix is provided, but that did not work. The description when on to say there is a simple yet lengthy way of editing assets to resolve this issue, but I'm not that deep into modding to attempt that yet.

5. I've noticed a few female NPCs have thin see-through gaps of texture around their elbows. I'm not sure why this is other than that I have flawed textures somewhere or an imcompatibility in my load order.

Other than that, I'm pleased with my modding experience on PC so far. I've gotten a lot of hi-res textures, rule modifications, game system overhauls, etc. to work very well together.

Anyways, if you've read this far and have any insight into the problems that I've mentioned, or if you have any advice or suggestions for me, I'm interested in your feedback.

Chris