What's new with Vortex? - 1.2.14 Update

BigBizkit

Crashes every time i switch to oblivion, have to say the "I wont whine" comment is somewhat patronising.

The only other option would be to uninstall vortex since it happens immediately on launch preventing even changing to another game without clicking it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason this update made it unable for me to deploy mods (Witcher 3). The folder for it is the same (as with 1.2.12) and it's on the drive the game is installed. But all my mods stopped working because of it.

edit: Are the Vortex developers aware of this problem and maybe working on this? I (and vittimjan) can't be the only people with this problem. Don't mean to rush anybody but would like to know if I can expect this to be fixed or I should be rolling-back to an older version?

Edited by Castrolias

In response to post #81823788. #81825053 is also a reply to the same post.

Artemisphobic wrote: New to pc gaming, does an update to Vortex mess with your currently installed mods?
Loveblanket wrote: Unless they explicitly say otherwise, it shouldn't. When I used the old mod manager NMM, It updated all the time and it never affected my modded games.

No it should not.
Worse case scenario, you download a mod that overwrite another one and since Vortex doesn't know the existence of this old mod, you dont get a warning.
Otherwise, I dont see why you could have any problem :)

In response to post #81831298. #81837363, #81837368 are all replies on the same post.

Castrolias wrote: For some reason this update made it unable for me to deploy mods (Witcher 3). The folder for it is the same (as with 1.2.12) and it's on the drive the game is installed. But all my mods stopped working because of it.
vittimjan wrote: Same for me. What a bummer update. :(
vittimjan wrote: Same for me. What a bummer update. :(

Jeeez, what did I do updating Vortex without a thought. Mods are enabled in Vortex yet they are not loaded. Gaaah ...

In response to post #81825108. #81825328, #81838723 are all replies on the same post.

AbleTARE wrote: As part of the installation process, Friendly HUD also requires the user to add additional lines to the input.xml file to get hotkeys working, will Vortex do this automatically?
BigBizkit wrote: It should work automatically with the latest version of Vortex.
NeoNord wrote: "should" does not equate to "it works" maybe you ought to check before you respond, Duh!

Todd Howard disagrees with you.

In response to post #81825108. #81825328, #81838723, #81841878 are all replies on the same post.

AbleTARE wrote: As part of the installation process, Friendly HUD also requires the user to add additional lines to the input.xml file to get hotkeys working, will Vortex do this automatically?
BigBizkit wrote: It should work automatically with the latest version of Vortex.
NeoNord wrote: "should" does not equate to "it works" maybe you ought to check before you respond, Duh!
theicedevil wrote: Todd Howard disagrees with you.

It doesn't work with Friendly HUD mod. When I want to change my key bindings in game menu I can only see Quick Save option:

As much asi I like Vortex for Skyrim I don't like it for The Witcher 3. Lots of mods aren't installed correctly (All NPC Scabbards 1.22 including DLC) and Community Patch doesn't work properly for me. All hotkeys from Friedly HUD are completely messed up. The Witcher 3 Mod Manager is much better alternative for me. Atleast for now. But I appreciate the work to make Vortex better for Witcher 3. Edited by LordMazour