What's new with Vortex? - 1.2.14 Update

BigBizkit

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #81828643.

FireOogle wrote: Crashes every time i switch to oblivion, have to say the "I wont whine" comment is somewhat patronising.

The only other option would be to uninstall vortex since it happens immediately on launch preventing even changing to another game without clicking it.

Please update to 1.2.15 there was a bug with OBSE having an illogical version number

In response to post #81853368.

LordMazour wrote: As much asi I like Vortex for Skyrim I don't like it for The Witcher 3. Lots of mods aren't installed correctly (All NPC Scabbards 1.22 including DLC) and Community Patch doesn't work properly for me. All hotkeys from Friedly HUD are completely messed up. The Witcher 3 Mod Manager is much better alternative for me. Atleast for now. But I appreciate the work to make Vortex better for Witcher 3.

All NPC Scabbards 1.22 including DLC - as far as I can tell is not packed in a standard way. Are you saying W3MM installs it fine as is?

Community Patch needs to be installed manually as the description for that patch specifies. I'll be looking into Friendly HUD if you can elaborate on the issue a bit, please?

its refusing to log me in at all its infuriating. the api key keeps timing out as well.

i decided trying to uninstall and reinstall vortex. now i cant download it at all. welp thanks i guess.

Edited by vevesumi

(A bit of sarcasm here and there btw)

The constant "Deployment required elevation" spamming with each enable/disable of each mod for Witcher 3 to the point where it's basically nagging, is really awesome...

Never had this with any other game so far, and really love having to bring up that pop-up to give access to Vortex when it worked fine before this update without any of these annoying steps.

Going to look around a bit, maybe find a way to disable that nuisance step.

Anyway, updating Vortex was pretty fun, it thought my mods and game files were magically separate on separate drives, had to re-do the staging folder as it complained about nothing.

Currently working on trying to get everything to work again.... At this point tempted to erase everything Witcher 3 mod related and just download them all over again just because of the update...

Really hope whatever is going on will get fixed, keep up the great work! :)

Edited by ZoeyCorredan

In response to post #81857953.

ZoeyCorredan wrote: (A bit of sarcasm here and there btw)

The constant "Deployment required elevation" spamming with each enable/disable of each mod for Witcher 3 to the point where it's basically nagging, is really awesome...

Never had this with any other game so far, and really love having to bring up that pop-up to give access to Vortex when it worked fine before this update without any of these annoying steps.

Going to look around a bit, maybe find a way to disable that nuisance step.

Anyway, updating Vortex was pretty fun, it thought my mods and game files were magically separate on separate drives, had to re-do the staging folder as it complained about nothing.
Currently working on trying to get everything to work again.... At this point tempted to erase everything Witcher 3 mod related and just download them all over again just because of the update...

Really hope whatever is going on will get fixed, keep up the great work! :)

You can fix the prompt one of three ways:

1) Go into Settings -> Interface and disable "Deploy mods when enabled". This means you'll only have to see the prompt when you click "Deploy" yourself.
2) Go into Settings -> Mods -> Mod Staging Folder and move it to a folder on the same HDD as the game. Then change to "Hardlink" deployment.
3) Go into Settings -> Workarounds and locate the option to stop requiring the prompt for every deployment (should be the top of the page). Edited by Pickysaurus

I have been using NMM for a very long time. Vortex is easy to use when it comes to downloading, installing and adding mods. However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had. I used Vortex for a fresh install of SSE and had nothing but mod management problems that I never had before with NMM while using the same mods! The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process, coupled with false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse. Being stuck with this is not a great feeling especially when you consider the volume of mods many of us have.

In response to post #81861268.

Shadowstag wrote: I have been using NMM for a very long time. Vortex is easy to use when it comes to downloading, installing and adding mods. However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had. I used Vortex for a fresh install of SSE and had nothing but mod management problems that I never had before with NMM while using the same mods! The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process, coupled with false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse. Being stuck with this is not a great feeling especially when you consider the volume of mods many of us have.

I agree 100% with everything you said. Plus when it updates it always breaks something. I looked everywhere for a way to disable auto updates for Vortex itself and could not find it, that is honestly unacceptable. Even after it asked me about the update, it still forced it. If the manager isn't broken for someone and/or they don't need the update, there is no reason to force updates. It deleted the desktop shortcut, it disabled every single mod in my load order, and when I re-enabled them it auto sorted a lot of them wrong and broke the load order therefore breaking the mods in game. Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit that an outside source changed mods and forcing a "Deployment" for no reason. Then, to top it off it kept telling me that f4se_0_06_21 isn't the most recent, definitely is, and wouldn't launch through Vortex. Maybe that could have been a one off incident, but really? I don't want to keep using NMM, I really don't, I want to use Vortex, but the app simply has too much control over everything and it has been out long enough these kinds of things shouldn't be happening. Edited by kormarch28

In response to post #81823528. #81825118, #81831593 are all replies on the same post.

valshares24 wrote: Would be great if you add the ability to use the arrows and the enter button when installing mods.
BigBizkit wrote: In what way exactly?
valshares24 wrote: I mean during fomod installation. Only mouse installation is available in Vortex.

Would also be nice to be able to use the PageUp, PageDown, Up Arrow & Down Arrow keys when scrolling through mods that are already installed.
Having to use the mouse wheel when you have 130+ Skyrim SE mods installed is a bit tedious.