Heavy Traffic ×

Dear Modders. Thx for what you do. Please support MAIN game.

NjordHalfhand

I've been enjoying great mods since Rome: Total War back in early 2000's. SPQR mod FTW! In fact the modding communities are the main reason games like Rome and many other games have had such a long life span and so much "replay'ability". So I appreciate and fully comprehend what modders do for a game and a gaming community.

With that said I find it rather odd the trend of many modders only supporting the Beta branch of Bannerlord. FYI a majority of players are playing the retail version of the game. Personally I don't want to have to move to Beta only to experience the ups and downs of Beta which may or may not destroy my save game on any given day depending on the latest experimental Beta patch, so I play the main/retail version like many others.

It's a real bummer discovering a new mod, or a mod that's been out a while that I just missed somehow, only to discover it's only available if we are playing on the Beta branch.

Edited by NjordHalfhand

This post is strangely timed. Currently, all mods are nuked for 1.4. Beta won't even start with mods loaded

Obviously I'm referring to 1.2 vs 1.3 and the last several weeks and how many modders had abandoned 1.2, the main/retail version of the game.

So in the upcoming weeks this post will be referring to modders supporting 1.3 the MAIN/retail version of the game. As modders figure out how to get their mods onto 1.4, more modders will stop supporting 1.3 like they did with 1.2. The cycle will continue with each major patch. It needs to stop.

I'd ask that our amazing modding community please support the MAIN/retail version of the game first and foremost because that's where a majority of players are playing.

Edited by NjordHalfhand

Well, this is a curious demand, the game is in early access and was never sold differently.

I mean you should expect an evolving game and should play it knowing it needs ironing. Version 1.0.0 was never meant to be final. Or 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4 to be "main". And there is no retail version yet.

Same goes for mods, they are following the game as they can and there is not much sense maintaining already deprecated versions.

Edited by iYo13

I want to 2 cents in:

I understand your point and request- I did a Rome 2 mod that, while small, made it's way into some larger mods- and what i was modding- into a DLC
( not because I think, they took it- or even notied my quiet little mod, but because- they were obvious changes that would become official )

Anyway, aside from patches that break mods, and the difficulty there, and w/e is going on with 1.4;

From MY POV, there "is" no main game.
There is stable build, and the beta- experimental.

And it's up to the modders if they want people to be able to play on the 'stable' or experiental branch or both-

but my EXPERIENCE is, generally people who were going to play with a mod anyway-
are probably playing the beta.
The stable branch isn't a 'main game' or a finished state - it's just..stable.
I see modders who only release for that- which is fine.
But, again, I find -mostly- people who want mods, are generally the same ones who want to try the new patch.

Edited by BadgerBrownCoat