Jump to content

Photo

Dragon Age Toolset 1.01

toolset

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1
justaxdd

justaxdd

    Stranger

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, 

 I have met a problem I simply can't fix and I can't find anything useful on the internet. The mentioned problem is that when I launch the program it just crashes immediately with the "Program has stopped working". 

 

That's the whole log (sorry if you can't understand something cause I used translator):
 

Problem signature:
Problem name problem: APPCRASH
Application name: DragonAgeToolset.exe
Application version: 1.0.1008.0
Application timestamp: 4b0ee7ed
The name of the module with the error: MssqlIO.dll
Module version with error: 1.0.1008.0
Module timestamp with error: 4b0ee24e
Exception code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002f1f0
Version of the subject system: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1045
Additional information 1: 0a9e
Additional information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional information 3: 0a9e
Additional information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 
I have win 7 64-bit, installation process finished without any problems.
 
Please, I just don't know what to do, I can't find anything useful/easy to understand regarding MssqlIO.dll, hence I'm writing here hpoing someone can help me.
If you need more info about my specs, just specify what exactly do you need.
Thanks in advance.


#2
Pasquale1223

Pasquale1223

    Enthusiast

  • Premium Member
  • 100 posts

Did you install the SQL Server?  The toolset uses an SQL database, and won't run without it.

 

There is information about installing the toolset in the toolset wiki here.

 

I usually get an error when the installer tries to create an uninstall file, because it is not able to create the directory it puts it in - manually creating this subdirectory allows it to proceed: C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare.

 

The installation troubleshooting page in the toolset wiki is here.



#3
justaxdd

justaxdd

    Stranger

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Yes I did, I also checked the connection using ConfigurateToolset.

 

The Uninstaller was created succesfully.



#4
Pasquale1223

Pasquale1223

    Enthusiast

  • Premium Member
  • 100 posts

Well...

MssqlIO.dll appears to be related to the sql database.

Exception code: c0000005 reads as an access violation.  It's possible the file is missing, or there may be a problem with permissions.

And I know the toolset will crash when you try to run it if it can't connect to the database.

 

So this points to a problem with the sql database server.

 

You could try running through the troubleshooting steps described for inability to connect to the database.

 

The last time I had problems getting the toolset to run (it couldn't connect to the database) was sudden.  I'd been using it for awhile, and it suddenly quit working.  I still don't know why, and none of the other troubleshooting steps helped me, but this is what I did to get it working again.

 

-- I uninstalled the toolset.

-- I followed the guidance on this site to independently install SQL Server 2005.  For step 4, I ended up using the 32-bit files instead of the 64 bit files, even though I'm working on a Win 10 64-bit system.

-- I also installed SQL Server Configuration Manager and saw that the new server I had installed was running.  I used the default server name SQLEXPRESS.

-- Then I reinstalled the toolset, and told it to use SQLEXPRESS instead of its default server (BWDATOOLSET).  This is shown under "Full Manual Install" about 2/3 of the way down the "unable to connect to the database" page.

-- Profit.  (it's been working ever since).

 

I don't know what else to tell you.  Good luck - I hope I've helped.

 

Please let us know if you get it working and how.  It may help others in the future.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: toolset

Page loaded in: 1.025 seconds