Making my own hair textures

jessesDRpepper

All you need (and want) is in the package linked from the Wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article (here). EVERYTHING is included in that package. Trying to mix in "newer" versions of things won't work because they are not as backwards compatible as one would hope with this specific 10 year old game or the other components that need to work together. Unless you have an expert understanding of each package component you are asking for problems (as you are discovering). The page on installing Blender you linked might be useful for walking you through the install process if you encounter problems (ask madmongo, I'm not a modeller) but you do not want to try to obtain the components from it's links (other than those on the Nexus which I fixed back in 2017), which were last updated in 2011.

It is possible that an "EXE" file is really just a self-extracting ZIP (or 7Z or other form of archive) package. If you end up with an archive and not what you expect, then just manually unpack the contents to the location described on that description page.

BTW: The normal turn-around on questions in an older game forum is 24 hours. We aren't ignoring you; we just don't haunt these pages 24/7.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Oh sorry, I wasn't thinking anyone was ignoring me at all. I was just kind of typing about the subject as I was messing around with it and I just ended up writing a bunch of different messages, sometimes I end up just writing my inner thoughts. I definitely understand it may take about a day for a response. Thank you for the info! I'll write again if I run into any problems and I'll try to keep it all in fewer messages...

Edited by jessesDRpepper